Jul 24, 2012, 9:30 PM EDT
Keyon Dooling will be back in Boston.
Dooling didn’t see a ton of court time with the Celtics last year and may see less on a much deeper team, but for one year at the veteran’s minimum this is a good deal for Boston.
Dooling’s agent confirmed the news to A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
“He’s excited to be back,” said Dooling’s agent, Kenge Stevenson. “He loves Doc (Rivers), his teammates. It’s a good situation for him.”
Dooling is another good defender the Celtics can roll out. However, with Rajon Rondo and Avery Bradley starting, then Jason Terry and Courtney Lee coming in behind them, Dooling is not going to play a lot of minutes. So, don’t draft him onto your fantasy team.
But it’s a nice bit of veteran depth for a win-now Boston team.
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 2
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 2
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 29
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 56
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 58
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 16
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40