Jul 24, 2012, 9:30 PM EDT
Keyon Dooling will be back in Boston.
Dooling didn’t see a ton of court time with the Celtics last year and may see less on a much deeper team, but for one year at the veteran’s minimum this is a good deal for Boston.
Dooling’s agent confirmed the news to A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
“He’s excited to be back,” said Dooling’s agent, Kenge Stevenson. “He loves Doc (Rivers), his teammates. It’s a good situation for him.”
Dooling is another good defender the Celtics can roll out. However, with Rajon Rondo and Avery Bradley starting, then Jason Terry and Courtney Lee coming in behind them, Dooling is not going to play a lot of minutes. So, don’t draft him onto your fantasy team.
But it’s a nice bit of veteran depth for a win-now Boston team.
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 6
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 10
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 18
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 6
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 90