Jul 24, 2012, 9:30 PM EDT
Keyon Dooling will be back in Boston.
Dooling didn’t see a ton of court time with the Celtics last year and may see less on a much deeper team, but for one year at the veteran’s minimum this is a good deal for Boston.
Dooling’s agent confirmed the news to A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
“He’s excited to be back,” said Dooling’s agent, Kenge Stevenson. “He loves Doc (Rivers), his teammates. It’s a good situation for him.”
Dooling is another good defender the Celtics can roll out. However, with Rajon Rondo and Avery Bradley starting, then Jason Terry and Courtney Lee coming in behind them, Dooling is not going to play a lot of minutes. So, don’t draft him onto your fantasy team.
But it’s a nice bit of veteran depth for a win-now Boston team.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 82
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20