Jul 24, 2012, 9:30 PM EDT
Keyon Dooling will be back in Boston.
Dooling didn’t see a ton of court time with the Celtics last year and may see less on a much deeper team, but for one year at the veteran’s minimum this is a good deal for Boston.
Dooling’s agent confirmed the news to A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
“He’s excited to be back,” said Dooling’s agent, Kenge Stevenson. “He loves Doc (Rivers), his teammates. It’s a good situation for him.”
Dooling is another good defender the Celtics can roll out. However, with Rajon Rondo and Avery Bradley starting, then Jason Terry and Courtney Lee coming in behind them, Dooling is not going to play a lot of minutes. So, don’t draft him onto your fantasy team.
But it’s a nice bit of veteran depth for a win-now Boston team.
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 6
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 11
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 14
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 10
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 17
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11