Jul 24, 2012, 4:03 PM EDT
Brandon Rush is going to be on an NBA roster next year. And he’ll inspire some hope in a fan base that sees his potential as a scorer and they will dream about how maybe their coach/system can bring that out of him.
But what fan base that will be remains up in the air. It’s probably Golden State, and he told Eric Pincus of Hoopsworld he’s good with that.
“It’s been going pretty well, just talking with some teams and trying to figure out where I’ll be next year,” said Rush. “Hopefully I’ll be back in Golden State.”
You can translate that as “my agent is trying hard to really get me paid.”
Rush is a restricted free agent, so Golden State can match any offer. That has kept teams from offering him something like the taxpayers mid-level exception of $3 million a year, because Golden State would just match at that price.
Golden State is taking its time as they chase guys like Carl Landry and others to round out their roster, knowing they can come back to Rush.
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 10
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 31
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 11
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 9
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 19