Jul 24, 2012, 4:03 PM EST
Brandon Rush is going to be on an NBA roster next year. And he’ll inspire some hope in a fan base that sees his potential as a scorer and they will dream about how maybe their coach/system can bring that out of him.
But what fan base that will be remains up in the air. It’s probably Golden State, and he told Eric Pincus of Hoopsworld he’s good with that.
“It’s been going pretty well, just talking with some teams and trying to figure out where I’ll be next year,” said Rush. “Hopefully I’ll be back in Golden State.”
You can translate that as “my agent is trying hard to really get me paid.”
Rush is a restricted free agent, so Golden State can match any offer. That has kept teams from offering him something like the taxpayers mid-level exception of $3 million a year, because Golden State would just match at that price.
Golden State is taking its time as they chase guys like Carl Landry and others to round out their roster, knowing they can come back to Rush.
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 12
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 14
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 24
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 35
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 18