Jul 24, 2012, 4:03 PM EDT
Brandon Rush is going to be on an NBA roster next year. And he’ll inspire some hope in a fan base that sees his potential as a scorer and they will dream about how maybe their coach/system can bring that out of him.
But what fan base that will be remains up in the air. It’s probably Golden State, and he told Eric Pincus of Hoopsworld he’s good with that.
“It’s been going pretty well, just talking with some teams and trying to figure out where I’ll be next year,” said Rush. “Hopefully I’ll be back in Golden State.”
You can translate that as “my agent is trying hard to really get me paid.”
Rush is a restricted free agent, so Golden State can match any offer. That has kept teams from offering him something like the taxpayers mid-level exception of $3 million a year, because Golden State would just match at that price.
Golden State is taking its time as they chase guys like Carl Landry and others to round out their roster, knowing they can come back to Rush.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 1
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 35
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38