Jul 24, 2012, 4:03 PM EDT
Brandon Rush is going to be on an NBA roster next year. And he’ll inspire some hope in a fan base that sees his potential as a scorer and they will dream about how maybe their coach/system can bring that out of him.
But what fan base that will be remains up in the air. It’s probably Golden State, and he told Eric Pincus of Hoopsworld he’s good with that.
“It’s been going pretty well, just talking with some teams and trying to figure out where I’ll be next year,” said Rush. “Hopefully I’ll be back in Golden State.”
You can translate that as “my agent is trying hard to really get me paid.”
Rush is a restricted free agent, so Golden State can match any offer. That has kept teams from offering him something like the taxpayers mid-level exception of $3 million a year, because Golden State would just match at that price.
Golden State is taking its time as they chase guys like Carl Landry and others to round out their roster, knowing they can come back to Rush.
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 0
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 0
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, out indefinitely 3
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 30
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 4
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 28
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 24