Jul 23, 2012, 8:01 AM EDT
If you only watched the first quarter of this game, you would have thought the United States was on its way to a cakewalk win. Kevin Durant had 27 points, Kobe Bryant 18 and the USA raced out to a 19-3 lead, hitting their first seven shots of the game.
But it’s not that simple for the USA. A team that relies on pressure and athleticism in transition, if you can handle the pressure, grind the game down and make it a half-court affair you have a shot. That’s what Argentina did well and the result was a comeback that made it an 86-80 win.
Here are the highlights.
If I were you, I would tune in Tuesday for Team USA’s biggest test, Spain. The team that beat Argentina by 20 the other day.
- Timberwolves’ coach Rick Adelman announcenes retirement 2
- Knicks fire Mike Woodson 17
- Monday NBA playoff previews: Expect a different looking Clippers/Warriors game. 0
- Sunday NBA grades: Nene, Aldridge lead day where big men shine 4
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s Trail Blazers claw back for Game 1 win over Houston Rockets 16