Jul 23, 2012, 12:03 PM EST
We were all a little surprised when Ronny Turiaf turned down his player option with the Heat and become a free agent.
So where does he land? There are worse places to go than Madrid.
Turiaf likely is going to wait to see how the NBA market plays out over the next couple of weeks, as teams miss out on current targets his name will come up. These will be veteran minimum deals. But if nothing really materializes he is a member of the French national team who understands the international game and what is expected of him. And Real Madrid has some NBA talent on the roster, including Rudy Fernandez who just signed. Something to watch.
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 12
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 6
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 30
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 16
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 20
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)