Jul 23, 2012, 12:03 PM EDT
We were all a little surprised when Ronny Turiaf turned down his player option with the Heat and become a free agent.
So where does he land? There are worse places to go than Madrid.
Turiaf likely is going to wait to see how the NBA market plays out over the next couple of weeks, as teams miss out on current targets his name will come up. These will be veteran minimum deals. But if nothing really materializes he is a member of the French national team who understands the international game and what is expected of him. And Real Madrid has some NBA talent on the roster, including Rudy Fernandez who just signed. Something to watch.
- Mike Krzyzewski might coach USA Basketball in 2016 Olympics 0
- George Hill not yet cleared to play for Pacers in Game 6 vs. Knicks, remains a game-time decision 1
- Report: Bobcats changing name back to Hornets 24
- Dwyane Wade grants wish, shows up at girl’s senior prom 20
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson 60
- Live: Preakness Stakes preview show
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- Day 1 of Indy 500 Qualifying
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay