Jul 23, 2012, 3:14 PM EDT
Looks like next season will be lucky No. 13 in the NBA for Joel Przybilla.
A couple years ago he was going to retire, but came out of that to play with the Blazers. Now his agent says there are three teams in the running for him, reports Chris Haynes at CSNNW.com.
According to his agent, Bill Duffy, the Portland Trail Blazers, Dallas Mavericks, and the Milwaukee Bucks are the three teams that have shown the highest level of interest in signing the free agent center.
That is Duffy trying to gain leverage. The primary suitor appears to be the Bucks, something Gery Woelfel of the Journal Times tweeted.
Interest between Bucks and Przybilla is mutual. Meeting set for this week,
Dallas might have some interest in a limited minutes backup, they will have Chris Kaman starting and likely Bernard James on the roster as well. The Blazers already are going young with Joel Freeland and Meyers Leonard as the centers on the roster, they are not looking for a big as anything but an insurance policy and mentor.
Pretty much anywhere Przybilla lands at this point he is a veteran insurance policy. He hasn’t played in more than 36 games a season in three years and hasn’t had a double digit PER in two seasons.
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 7
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 12
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 2
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 20
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 97
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27