Jul 23, 2012, 3:14 PM EDT
Looks like next season will be lucky No. 13 in the NBA for Joel Przybilla.
A couple years ago he was going to retire, but came out of that to play with the Blazers. Now his agent says there are three teams in the running for him, reports Chris Haynes at CSNNW.com.
According to his agent, Bill Duffy, the Portland Trail Blazers, Dallas Mavericks, and the Milwaukee Bucks are the three teams that have shown the highest level of interest in signing the free agent center.
That is Duffy trying to gain leverage. The primary suitor appears to be the Bucks, something Gery Woelfel of the Journal Times tweeted.
Interest between Bucks and Przybilla is mutual. Meeting set for this week,
Dallas might have some interest in a limited minutes backup, they will have Chris Kaman starting and likely Bernard James on the roster as well. The Blazers already are going young with Joel Freeland and Meyers Leonard as the centers on the roster, they are not looking for a big as anything but an insurance policy and mentor.
Pretty much anywhere Przybilla lands at this point he is a veteran insurance policy. He hasn’t played in more than 36 games a season in three years and hasn’t had a double digit PER in two seasons.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 1
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 18
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 17
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 47