Jul 23, 2012, 3:14 PM EST
Looks like next season will be lucky No. 13 in the NBA for Joel Przybilla.
A couple years ago he was going to retire, but came out of that to play with the Blazers. Now his agent says there are three teams in the running for him, reports Chris Haynes at CSNNW.com.
According to his agent, Bill Duffy, the Portland Trail Blazers, Dallas Mavericks, and the Milwaukee Bucks are the three teams that have shown the highest level of interest in signing the free agent center.
That is Duffy trying to gain leverage. The primary suitor appears to be the Bucks, something Gery Woelfel of the Journal Times tweeted.
Interest between Bucks and Przybilla is mutual. Meeting set for this week,
Dallas might have some interest in a limited minutes backup, they will have Chris Kaman starting and likely Bernard James on the roster as well. The Blazers already are going young with Joel Freeland and Meyers Leonard as the centers on the roster, they are not looking for a big as anything but an insurance policy and mentor.
Pretty much anywhere Przybilla lands at this point he is a veteran insurance policy. He hasn’t played in more than 36 games a season in three years and hasn’t had a double digit PER in two seasons.
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 16
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 6
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 30
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 30
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 25