Jul 23, 2012, 1:03 PM EDT
Basically Deron Williams has confirmed what we all already knew — it sucked to be a New Jersey Net last year.
There was the 22-44 record (that’s a lot of losing). There’s being a lame duck team in the last year in New Jersey, where fans became indifferent. There were the constantly swirling trade rumors.
Deron Williams told Hoopshype (with Team USA in Barcelona) it wasn’t much fun. He said it was its worst year in the league..
Yeah, by far… Yeah, we won 41 games and I played 28 minutes a game as a rookie. Last year was a lot tougher than my first year by far.
But he came back to lead the team into Brooklyn. A team that is very different than the one last seen in Jersey — Joe Johnson, a healthy Brook Lopez and more. Williams said he almost did go to Dallas instead.
It was good to be able to choose where I wanted to go. But it was very stressful trying to make a decision because I was really torn between two teams.
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 0
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 1
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 18
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 14
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 44
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement