Jul 23, 2012, 1:03 PM EST
Basically Deron Williams has confirmed what we all already knew — it sucked to be a New Jersey Net last year.
There was the 22-44 record (that’s a lot of losing). There’s being a lame duck team in the last year in New Jersey, where fans became indifferent. There were the constantly swirling trade rumors.
Deron Williams told Hoopshype (with Team USA in Barcelona) it wasn’t much fun. He said it was its worst year in the league..
Yeah, by far… Yeah, we won 41 games and I played 28 minutes a game as a rookie. Last year was a lot tougher than my first year by far.
But he came back to lead the team into Brooklyn. A team that is very different than the one last seen in Jersey — Joe Johnson, a healthy Brook Lopez and more. Williams said he almost did go to Dallas instead.
It was good to be able to choose where I wanted to go. But it was very stressful trying to make a decision because I was really torn between two teams.
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 19
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 11
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 14
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 27
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 19
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 12
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20