Jul 23, 2012, 9:08 PM EDT
Carlos Delfino is not sitting around fretting about where he might play next season. The free agent swingman is busy as a key part of the Argentinian national team, preparing for the Olympics.
Still, teams are reaching out to him and his agent (Cleveland, Atlanta and Boston have been mentioned). Just not the Bucks, where he spent the past three seasons as a starter. Milwaukee has Monta Ellis starting at the two and rookie Doran Lamb behind him. Plus, Delfino had the worst +/- per 48 on the team last year (to be fair, he has played through injuries).
Still, Delfino is a little offended the Bucks didn’t reach out to him, he told Hoopshype.
“I expected to have at least a conversation [with Milwaukee],” Delfino told HoopsHype. “I ended up aggravating my injury because I wanted to play with the Bucks. It hurts me a little bit that they have not even reached out to me. That’s life, things happen. I learned from the experience. Coach Scott [Skiles] and the owner [Herb Kohl] have been very good to me. The rest… I expected a little bit more. Sometimes you expect not to be rewarded, but to be recognized for your effort, playing through injury and doing things for the group… When that doesn’t happen, I don’t say that I feel betrayed, but I feel overlooked. Even though it’s a business, I think the general manager should have maintained the personal relationship and put value on other things aside from a contract. As a veteran player, I thought it was always good to play no matter what [despite the injuries] and so far it has only played to my disadvantage.”
The best revenge? Living large. Or at least playing a lot better wherever you land. The Bucks, they are not looking back.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 7
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 21
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 54
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65