Jul 23, 2012, 9:08 PM EDT
Carlos Delfino is not sitting around fretting about where he might play next season. The free agent swingman is busy as a key part of the Argentinian national team, preparing for the Olympics.
Still, teams are reaching out to him and his agent (Cleveland, Atlanta and Boston have been mentioned). Just not the Bucks, where he spent the past three seasons as a starter. Milwaukee has Monta Ellis starting at the two and rookie Doran Lamb behind him. Plus, Delfino had the worst +/- per 48 on the team last year (to be fair, he has played through injuries).
Still, Delfino is a little offended the Bucks didn’t reach out to him, he told Hoopshype.
“I expected to have at least a conversation [with Milwaukee],” Delfino told HoopsHype. “I ended up aggravating my injury because I wanted to play with the Bucks. It hurts me a little bit that they have not even reached out to me. That’s life, things happen. I learned from the experience. Coach Scott [Skiles] and the owner [Herb Kohl] have been very good to me. The rest… I expected a little bit more. Sometimes you expect not to be rewarded, but to be recognized for your effort, playing through injury and doing things for the group… When that doesn’t happen, I don’t say that I feel betrayed, but I feel overlooked. Even though it’s a business, I think the general manager should have maintained the personal relationship and put value on other things aside from a contract. As a veteran player, I thought it was always good to play no matter what [despite the injuries] and so far it has only played to my disadvantage.”
The best revenge? Living large. Or at least playing a lot better wherever you land. The Bucks, they are not looking back.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 15
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 32