Jul 23, 2012, 9:08 PM EST
Carlos Delfino is not sitting around fretting about where he might play next season. The free agent swingman is busy as a key part of the Argentinian national team, preparing for the Olympics.
Still, teams are reaching out to him and his agent (Cleveland, Atlanta and Boston have been mentioned). Just not the Bucks, where he spent the past three seasons as a starter. Milwaukee has Monta Ellis starting at the two and rookie Doran Lamb behind him. Plus, Delfino had the worst +/- per 48 on the team last year (to be fair, he has played through injuries).
Still, Delfino is a little offended the Bucks didn’t reach out to him, he told Hoopshype.
“I expected to have at least a conversation [with Milwaukee],” Delfino told HoopsHype. “I ended up aggravating my injury because I wanted to play with the Bucks. It hurts me a little bit that they have not even reached out to me. That’s life, things happen. I learned from the experience. Coach Scott [Skiles] and the owner [Herb Kohl] have been very good to me. The rest… I expected a little bit more. Sometimes you expect not to be rewarded, but to be recognized for your effort, playing through injury and doing things for the group… When that doesn’t happen, I don’t say that I feel betrayed, but I feel overlooked. Even though it’s a business, I think the general manager should have maintained the personal relationship and put value on other things aside from a contract. As a veteran player, I thought it was always good to play no matter what [despite the injuries] and so far it has only played to my disadvantage.”
The best revenge? Living large. Or at least playing a lot better wherever you land. The Bucks, they are not looking back.
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 0
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 14
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 25
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 55
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (55)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)