Jul 23, 2012, 9:08 PM EDT
Carlos Delfino is not sitting around fretting about where he might play next season. The free agent swingman is busy as a key part of the Argentinian national team, preparing for the Olympics.
Still, teams are reaching out to him and his agent (Cleveland, Atlanta and Boston have been mentioned). Just not the Bucks, where he spent the past three seasons as a starter. Milwaukee has Monta Ellis starting at the two and rookie Doran Lamb behind him. Plus, Delfino had the worst +/- per 48 on the team last year (to be fair, he has played through injuries).
Still, Delfino is a little offended the Bucks didn’t reach out to him, he told Hoopshype.
“I expected to have at least a conversation [with Milwaukee],” Delfino told HoopsHype. “I ended up aggravating my injury because I wanted to play with the Bucks. It hurts me a little bit that they have not even reached out to me. That’s life, things happen. I learned from the experience. Coach Scott [Skiles] and the owner [Herb Kohl] have been very good to me. The rest… I expected a little bit more. Sometimes you expect not to be rewarded, but to be recognized for your effort, playing through injury and doing things for the group… When that doesn’t happen, I don’t say that I feel betrayed, but I feel overlooked. Even though it’s a business, I think the general manager should have maintained the personal relationship and put value on other things aside from a contract. As a veteran player, I thought it was always good to play no matter what [despite the injuries] and so far it has only played to my disadvantage.”
The best revenge? Living large. Or at least playing a lot better wherever you land. The Bucks, they are not looking back.
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 0
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 23
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 21
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 11
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Watch LIVE: Bruins-Rangers
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks look to even series with Red Wings
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1