Jul 23, 2012, 8:43 AM EDT
If everyone is healthy next year, the Golden State Warriors should be entertaining and even a playoff team in the West.
But that’s a big if since they are counting on Stephen Curry and Andrew Bogut, two guys who have been injured a lot the past couple seasons, to return to form. You can argue that these guys suffered fluke injuries that are not likely to repeat, but the injuries impacted their play. They need to be all the way back.
Golden State needs the Bogut of three years ago, before his ugly elbow injury, and certainly before the ankle surgery he had this past April. So, Bogut, how’s that ankle coming?
A little good news/bad news for the Warriors. But there is two months before training camp even opens, so there is plenty of time for things to get right.
Just something to watch. If Bogut returns to his form from 2009 the Warriors have a deft offensive player and one of the best defensive bigs in the game. If he’s the Bogut from the last couple of seasons the Warriors have a solid player who is good defensively. The difference matters a lot. Good for Golden State for taking the gamble, now we’ll see if it pays off.
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 18
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 30
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19
- John Calipari says he was not close to going to Cleveland. LeBron or not. 12
- Report: Shawn Marion commits to play with Cavaliers, LeBron James 47