Jul 22, 2012, 7:00 PM EST
Our own Ira Winderman reports that with the Bulls opting to sign center Nazr Mohammed as their replacement for Omer Asik (likely on his way to Houston with the Bulls not matching his $25 million offer sheet), the Heat could be in position to form something great. Something tremendous. Something unexpected.
Get ready, South Florida.
We’ve already shared that Darko’s almost certainly headed to a contender. And the Heat have the most glaring need for help at the center position. Joel Anthony was a valued member of the rotation a year ago, but didn’t play hardly at all in the Conference Finals. That was mostly on account of matchups as neither the Celtics nor Thunder could handle the Heat’s smallball rotations. But it should be noted that many feel the Heat are still looking for an upgrade at center over Anthony and Turiaf.
Darko’s actually a quality center as long as he’s brought in for a small figure. He might be good enough to start. It would mean that the No.1, No.2, No.4. and No.5 picks from the 2003 draft would all be on the same team. Not sure, but have to think it’s probable that’s the first time that’s happened, ever. But they have to land him first. We’ll keep you updated on where the Serbian gangster lands.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 0
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 19
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18