Jul 22, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT
Our own Ira Winderman reports that with the Bulls opting to sign center Nazr Mohammed as their replacement for Omer Asik (likely on his way to Houston with the Bulls not matching his $25 million offer sheet), the Heat could be in position to form something great. Something tremendous. Something unexpected.
Get ready, South Florida.
We’ve already shared that Darko’s almost certainly headed to a contender. And the Heat have the most glaring need for help at the center position. Joel Anthony was a valued member of the rotation a year ago, but didn’t play hardly at all in the Conference Finals. That was mostly on account of matchups as neither the Celtics nor Thunder could handle the Heat’s smallball rotations. But it should be noted that many feel the Heat are still looking for an upgrade at center over Anthony and Turiaf.
Darko’s actually a quality center as long as he’s brought in for a small figure. He might be good enough to start. It would mean that the No.1, No.2, No.4. and No.5 picks from the 2003 draft would all be on the same team. Not sure, but have to think it’s probable that’s the first time that’s happened, ever. But they have to land him first. We’ll keep you updated on where the Serbian gangster lands.
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 35
- Deron Williams fires back at Kobe: “If I’m 0-for-f******-9, I’m not shooting 20 more shots” 43
- LeBron James on running the Cavaliers offense: ‘This is Kyrie’s show’ 28
- Tim Duncan on decision to opt in for final year of his contract: ‘There was some hesitation there’ 20