Jul 22, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT
Our own Ira Winderman reports that with the Bulls opting to sign center Nazr Mohammed as their replacement for Omer Asik (likely on his way to Houston with the Bulls not matching his $25 million offer sheet), the Heat could be in position to form something great. Something tremendous. Something unexpected.
Get ready, South Florida.
We’ve already shared that Darko’s almost certainly headed to a contender. And the Heat have the most glaring need for help at the center position. Joel Anthony was a valued member of the rotation a year ago, but didn’t play hardly at all in the Conference Finals. That was mostly on account of matchups as neither the Celtics nor Thunder could handle the Heat’s smallball rotations. But it should be noted that many feel the Heat are still looking for an upgrade at center over Anthony and Turiaf.
Darko’s actually a quality center as long as he’s brought in for a small figure. He might be good enough to start. It would mean that the No.1, No.2, No.4. and No.5 picks from the 2003 draft would all be on the same team. Not sure, but have to think it’s probable that’s the first time that’s happened, ever. But they have to land him first. We’ll keep you updated on where the Serbian gangster lands.
- Report: Timberwolves make push to acquire Eric Bledsoe with max offer in sign-and-trade 0
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 8
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 8
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 13
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25