Jul 22, 2012, 9:34 PM EDT
LAS VEGAS — The NBA Summer League has unfortunately come to a close after ten wonderful days in a location that some refer to as Sin City. Fortunately it went out with a bang, though — complete with requisite MVP chants for Adam Morrison.
The vagabond swingman had a few pretty spectacular games earlier in the week, but the Clippers fans made Sunday extra special as Morrison put on one of his formerly-patented performances en route to 28 points, six rebounds and three assists … and his 4-of-6 effort from beyond the arc didn’t hurt, either. Luckily for the former No. 3 overall pick, it came at just about the perfect time considering he felt that he needed to leave a lasting impression.
“The game can be taken away from you pretty quick,” Morrison told The No Look Pass after the game. “I’m lucky that they gave me a chance to come out here and play.”
And he’s lucky he ran with the opportunity, too, considering he averaged 20 points and five rebounds through his five Summer League games while shooting an impressive 62 percent from the field.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 4
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43