Jul 22, 2012, 9:34 PM EDT
LAS VEGAS — The NBA Summer League has unfortunately come to a close after ten wonderful days in a location that some refer to as Sin City. Fortunately it went out with a bang, though — complete with requisite MVP chants for Adam Morrison.
The vagabond swingman had a few pretty spectacular games earlier in the week, but the Clippers fans made Sunday extra special as Morrison put on one of his formerly-patented performances en route to 28 points, six rebounds and three assists … and his 4-of-6 effort from beyond the arc didn’t hurt, either. Luckily for the former No. 3 overall pick, it came at just about the perfect time considering he felt that he needed to leave a lasting impression.
“The game can be taken away from you pretty quick,” Morrison told The No Look Pass after the game. “I’m lucky that they gave me a chance to come out here and play.”
And he’s lucky he ran with the opportunity, too, considering he averaged 20 points and five rebounds through his five Summer League games while shooting an impressive 62 percent from the field.
- Heat execute in final minutes, Rockets still learning, fall in Miami 9
- Doc Rivers, Clippers players oppose raising NBA’s age limit 21
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 69
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 32
- Pau Gasol says Kobe was right to rip Lakers front office 45