Jul 22, 2012, 9:34 PM EDT
LAS VEGAS — The NBA Summer League has unfortunately come to a close after ten wonderful days in a location that some refer to as Sin City. Fortunately it went out with a bang, though — complete with requisite MVP chants for Adam Morrison.
The vagabond swingman had a few pretty spectacular games earlier in the week, but the Clippers fans made Sunday extra special as Morrison put on one of his formerly-patented performances en route to 28 points, six rebounds and three assists … and his 4-of-6 effort from beyond the arc didn’t hurt, either. Luckily for the former No. 3 overall pick, it came at just about the perfect time considering he felt that he needed to leave a lasting impression.
“The game can be taken away from you pretty quick,” Morrison told The No Look Pass after the game. “I’m lucky that they gave me a chance to come out here and play.”
And he’s lucky he ran with the opportunity, too, considering he averaged 20 points and five rebounds through his five Summer League games while shooting an impressive 62 percent from the field.
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 2
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 5
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 16
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 16
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34