Jul 22, 2012, 9:34 PM EST
LAS VEGAS — The NBA Summer League has unfortunately come to a close after ten wonderful days in a location that some refer to as Sin City. Fortunately it went out with a bang, though — complete with requisite MVP chants for Adam Morrison.
The vagabond swingman had a few pretty spectacular games earlier in the week, but the Clippers fans made Sunday extra special as Morrison put on one of his formerly-patented performances en route to 28 points, six rebounds and three assists … and his 4-of-6 effort from beyond the arc didn’t hurt, either. Luckily for the former No. 3 overall pick, it came at just about the perfect time considering he felt that he needed to leave a lasting impression.
“The game can be taken away from you pretty quick,” Morrison told The No Look Pass after the game. “I’m lucky that they gave me a chance to come out here and play.”
And he’s lucky he ran with the opportunity, too, considering he averaged 20 points and five rebounds through his five Summer League games while shooting an impressive 62 percent from the field.
- Duke’s Jabari Parker doesn’t back away from Carmelo Anthony comparison 3
- Michael Carter-Williams returns to Sixers lineup Friday against Nets 5
- Report: Bulls not looking to trade Luol Deng. Why would you think that? 12
- Kendrick Perkins tells Joakim Noah to “get your a– up out’ of Thunder locker room 34
- The Extra Pass: Chicago’s never-ending story, plus Thursday’s recaps 2
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee (68)
- LeBron did foul Paul George on final shot but there was no call (VIDEO) (60)
- Chicago columnist hammers Derrick Rose as no longer humble star (56)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- LeBron angrily goes after Mario Chalmers on the Heat bench (VIDEO) (50)