Jul 21, 2012, 5:00 PM EST
Sam Amick of SI.com reports that there are indications the Magic could trade Dwight Howard sometime soon, maybe. I can hear your waiting with baited breath from here. From Amick:
…the Magic, I’m told, are hopeful that they can pull the trigger on a deal by early August (although I certainly couldn’t tell you which one it might be). That being said, new GM Rob Hennigan – who I had the pleasure of meeting for the first time in Vegas – is proving to be very prudent in this process, meaning those hopes won’t be realized if the deal simply isn’t up to his standard’s (sic).
I know, I know. What a non-update, right?
Here’s the deal. Until Howard gets moved, we’re in this holding pattern. And it’s relevant from the perspective that it’s crucial to know if the Magic consider opening night their deadline, start of training camp, or early August to give themselves time to cleanse the palate of this gross affair. So we could be looking at the last two weeks of this drawn out cluster flocking of bad news birds that has marred this ugly episode.
Let’s all join hands and pray to whatever we pray to that this is, in fact, the end.
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 34
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 30
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 4
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 37
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 10