Jul 21, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
Sam Amick of SI.com reports that there are indications the Magic could trade Dwight Howard sometime soon, maybe. I can hear your waiting with baited breath from here. From Amick:
…the Magic, I’m told, are hopeful that they can pull the trigger on a deal by early August (although I certainly couldn’t tell you which one it might be). That being said, new GM Rob Hennigan – who I had the pleasure of meeting for the first time in Vegas – is proving to be very prudent in this process, meaning those hopes won’t be realized if the deal simply isn’t up to his standard’s (sic).
I know, I know. What a non-update, right?
Here’s the deal. Until Howard gets moved, we’re in this holding pattern. And it’s relevant from the perspective that it’s crucial to know if the Magic consider opening night their deadline, start of training camp, or early August to give themselves time to cleanse the palate of this gross affair. So we could be looking at the last two weeks of this drawn out cluster flocking of bad news birds that has marred this ugly episode.
Let’s all join hands and pray to whatever we pray to that this is, in fact, the end.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 7
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 21
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 54
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65