Jul 21, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
Sam Amick of SI.com reports that there are indications the Magic could trade Dwight Howard sometime soon, maybe. I can hear your waiting with baited breath from here. From Amick:
…the Magic, I’m told, are hopeful that they can pull the trigger on a deal by early August (although I certainly couldn’t tell you which one it might be). That being said, new GM Rob Hennigan – who I had the pleasure of meeting for the first time in Vegas – is proving to be very prudent in this process, meaning those hopes won’t be realized if the deal simply isn’t up to his standard’s (sic).
I know, I know. What a non-update, right?
Here’s the deal. Until Howard gets moved, we’re in this holding pattern. And it’s relevant from the perspective that it’s crucial to know if the Magic consider opening night their deadline, start of training camp, or early August to give themselves time to cleanse the palate of this gross affair. So we could be looking at the last two weeks of this drawn out cluster flocking of bad news birds that has marred this ugly episode.
Let’s all join hands and pray to whatever we pray to that this is, in fact, the end.
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 0
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 8
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 38
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 13