Jul 20, 2012, 6:29 PM EDT
It’s getting closer and closer to decision time for Andrei Kirilenko.
He has said he’s interested in coming back to the NBA, but if he doesn’t like the offers he gets he could return to CSKA Moscow (where he played last season). You know they will take him. The Nets were the early frontrunners (Russian billionaire owner and all) but a couple other teams have moved to the front of the line.
The Warriors, according to league sources, have him on their wishlist. At 6-foot-9, 235 pounds, Kirilenko doesn’t figure to have the bulk the Warriors would want at power forward, but he’d fit well as a PF in a small lineup. Even with that, Kirilenko is a defensive specialist and the Warriors simply just need guys like that on the roster. Kirilenko can also play small forward, which he did for years with Utah.
So, what does AK-47 want? Backup role with a nice NBA team? Staring role but having to enjoy a Moscow winter? Is it all about the Benjamins?
It’s time for Kirilenko to make the call.
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 0
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 23
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 16
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8