Jul 20, 2012, 6:29 PM EDT
It’s getting closer and closer to decision time for Andrei Kirilenko.
He has said he’s interested in coming back to the NBA, but if he doesn’t like the offers he gets he could return to CSKA Moscow (where he played last season). You know they will take him. The Nets were the early frontrunners (Russian billionaire owner and all) but a couple other teams have moved to the front of the line.
The Warriors, according to league sources, have him on their wishlist. At 6-foot-9, 235 pounds, Kirilenko doesn’t figure to have the bulk the Warriors would want at power forward, but he’d fit well as a PF in a small lineup. Even with that, Kirilenko is a defensive specialist and the Warriors simply just need guys like that on the roster. Kirilenko can also play small forward, which he did for years with Utah.
So, what does AK-47 want? Backup role with a nice NBA team? Staring role but having to enjoy a Moscow winter? Is it all about the Benjamins?
It’s time for Kirilenko to make the call.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 13
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31