Jul 20, 2012, 6:29 PM EDT
It’s getting closer and closer to decision time for Andrei Kirilenko.
He has said he’s interested in coming back to the NBA, but if he doesn’t like the offers he gets he could return to CSKA Moscow (where he played last season). You know they will take him. The Nets were the early frontrunners (Russian billionaire owner and all) but a couple other teams have moved to the front of the line.
The Warriors, according to league sources, have him on their wishlist. At 6-foot-9, 235 pounds, Kirilenko doesn’t figure to have the bulk the Warriors would want at power forward, but he’d fit well as a PF in a small lineup. Even with that, Kirilenko is a defensive specialist and the Warriors simply just need guys like that on the roster. Kirilenko can also play small forward, which he did for years with Utah.
So, what does AK-47 want? Backup role with a nice NBA team? Staring role but having to enjoy a Moscow winter? Is it all about the Benjamins?
It’s time for Kirilenko to make the call.
- NBA Playoff Preview: Golden State Warriors vs. Los Angeles Clippers 0
- Are the Warriors championship favorites? Adjusting for playoff rotations says yes 4
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 9
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 25