Video: Derrick Rose sends message to fans

Jul 20, 2012, 3:53 PM EDT

It’s one of the advantage professional athletes have today that they didn’t even a decade ago — with twitter or online video players can speak directly to fans without the filter (and occasional snark) of the media.

That’s what Derrick Rose has done — he has a video message for his fans thanking them for the support and basically saying “don’t worry, I’ll be back better than ever.” Which is exactly what you’d expect him to say, but he can make it feel more direct.

Rose is reportedly is pushing to be back as fast as he can, although usually the earliest return would be closer to Christmas. And maybe more like just before the playoffs. The Bulls have to not rush him — better to sacrifice the entire season than further damage the franchise player.

Hat tip to Ball Don’t Lie for the video.

1. itsthemelman82 - Jul 20, 2012 at 4:30 PM

How can anyone not be a D. Rose fan… Hope to see him back next year basketball is better w/ him on the court.

• thejabronisayz - Jul 20, 2012 at 9:12 PM

He paid someone to take his SATs for him. That’s how you could not be a “D. Rose” fan.

• itsthemelman82 - Jul 20, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Says you, aka the moral authority of life. I had to figure there’d be one dope to bring that up.. clearly he should be thrown in jail forever for that in your world right? How about you worry about your faults & wrong doings

• LilTmac2003 - Jul 21, 2012 at 1:49 AM

If Derrick Rose was in charge in building the rocket on which I’m going to be on to go to Mars for a 6-month experiment…then yes. I would be not be a fan of him.

…but he’s not.

He’s one of the new NBA players that let his game do the talking. A young, humble, Chicago kid playing for his home team.

Wish him the best!

2. paleihe - Jul 20, 2012 at 4:42 PM

He seems like a good person. From always talking about the team, and crying as he thanked his mom during his MVP speech, this is someone I want to see succeed.

Best of luck to you, D-Rose!

3. joshm5683 - Jul 20, 2012 at 5:04 PM

As a Lakers fan in the Chicago area, I absolutely love watching Rose play and the way he carries himself. A true professional and seemingly a nice guy. I love going to Bulls games and watching him play. I hope he makes a full recovery and we get him back on the court soon.

4. ninjasports - Jul 20, 2012 at 5:06 PM

The Bulls should be patient with their franchise player and not listen to him if he is rushing back too soon. They need him for the next 8-10 years, not just next seasom.

5. soflasfinest - Jul 20, 2012 at 6:38 PM

I have to admit,being a Heat fan it’s hard like anything pro bulls but d rose is a solid individual
    and a great kid. Hes Very exciting on the court and its hard not to respect him on and off the court.

6. klutchpunjabiz - Jul 20, 2012 at 8:35 PM

I am a bulls and derrick rose fan, and i must admit, I love drose and the bulls.

7. jimeejohnson - Jul 20, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Rose is invaluable to the Bulls and without him they cannot compete for a championship. Looking forward to watching him do his thing, once again.

Heat can make playoffs without LeBron
Top 10 NBA Player Searches