Jul 20, 2012, 3:53 PM EDT
It’s one of the advantage professional athletes have today that they didn’t even a decade ago — with twitter or online video players can speak directly to fans without the filter (and occasional snark) of the media.
That’s what Derrick Rose has done — he has a video message for his fans thanking them for the support and basically saying “don’t worry, I’ll be back better than ever.” Which is exactly what you’d expect him to say, but he can make it feel more direct.
Rose is reportedly is pushing to be back as fast as he can, although usually the earliest return would be closer to Christmas. And maybe more like just before the playoffs. The Bulls have to not rush him — better to sacrifice the entire season than further damage the franchise player.
Hat tip to Ball Don’t Lie for the video.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 7
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 28
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 52
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 85
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13