Jul 20, 2012, 3:53 PM EST
It’s one of the advantage professional athletes have today that they didn’t even a decade ago — with twitter or online video players can speak directly to fans without the filter (and occasional snark) of the media.
That’s what Derrick Rose has done — he has a video message for his fans thanking them for the support and basically saying “don’t worry, I’ll be back better than ever.” Which is exactly what you’d expect him to say, but he can make it feel more direct.
Rose is reportedly is pushing to be back as fast as he can, although usually the earliest return would be closer to Christmas. And maybe more like just before the playoffs. The Bulls have to not rush him — better to sacrifice the entire season than further damage the franchise player.
Hat tip to Ball Don’t Lie for the video.
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 0
- Arena evacuated after apparent fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 12
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 11
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 25
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)