Jul 20, 2012, 3:53 PM EDT
It’s one of the advantage professional athletes have today that they didn’t even a decade ago — with twitter or online video players can speak directly to fans without the filter (and occasional snark) of the media.
That’s what Derrick Rose has done — he has a video message for his fans thanking them for the support and basically saying “don’t worry, I’ll be back better than ever.” Which is exactly what you’d expect him to say, but he can make it feel more direct.
Rose is reportedly is pushing to be back as fast as he can, although usually the earliest return would be closer to Christmas. And maybe more like just before the playoffs. The Bulls have to not rush him — better to sacrifice the entire season than further damage the franchise player.
Hat tip to Ball Don’t Lie for the video.
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 11
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 10
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 42
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 23
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 63
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 72
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 22