Jul 20, 2012, 11:40 AM EDT
Our man Scott Schroeder was just telling you, Damian Lillard is on his way to being the NBA Summer League MVP in Las Vegas. Which is nice. Come this fall when training camp opens that award will matter about as much as his two Big Sky Player of the Year awards. Still, as Summer League drags on Lillard is one of the bright spots.
Plus, he does things line that to Keith Benson.
Portland may have a real find here. You have to be careful about drawing big conclusions from Summer League, but Lillard has put himself on the “guys we’re going to watch early in the season” list to see how he adjusts.
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 0
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 13
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 16
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25