Jul 20, 2012, 6:03 PM EDT
UPDATE 6:03 pm: And it’s official. From the twitter of Marc Spears of Yahoo.
Suns guard Shannon Brown is re-signing, his agent Mark Bartelstien says.
This is a two-year, $7 million deal. Which sounds about right.
4:40 pm: The Suns have traded out Steve Nash for Goran Dargic at the point guard spot, but they have struck out bringing in a quality new two guard.
So, it looks like they may bring Shannon Brown back. So tweets John Gambadoro of KTAR in Phoenix.
Hearing the Suns are closing in on a deal with free agent Shannon Brown. With Gordon, Mayo and Lee all gone now it makes the most sense.
Last season in Phoenix Brown played the most minutes per game, took the most shots and scored the most points (11 a contest) that he had in his career. He wasn’t particularly more efficient or better at it (PER of 13.6 the past two seasons), he just played a larger role in the offense. One that may continue into next season.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 28
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18