Jul 20, 2012, 6:03 PM EST
UPDATE 6:03 pm: And it’s official. From the twitter of Marc Spears of Yahoo.
Suns guard Shannon Brown is re-signing, his agent Mark Bartelstien says.
This is a two-year, $7 million deal. Which sounds about right.
4:40 pm: The Suns have traded out Steve Nash for Goran Dargic at the point guard spot, but they have struck out bringing in a quality new two guard.
So, it looks like they may bring Shannon Brown back. So tweets John Gambadoro of KTAR in Phoenix.
Hearing the Suns are closing in on a deal with free agent Shannon Brown. With Gordon, Mayo and Lee all gone now it makes the most sense.
Last season in Phoenix Brown played the most minutes per game, took the most shots and scored the most points (11 a contest) that he had in his career. He wasn’t particularly more efficient or better at it (PER of 13.6 the past two seasons), he just played a larger role in the offense. One that may continue into next season.
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 4
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 7
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 40
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 28