Jul 20, 2012, 6:03 PM EDT
UPDATE 6:03 pm: And it’s official. From the twitter of Marc Spears of Yahoo.
Suns guard Shannon Brown is re-signing, his agent Mark Bartelstien says.
This is a two-year, $7 million deal. Which sounds about right.
4:40 pm: The Suns have traded out Steve Nash for Goran Dargic at the point guard spot, but they have struck out bringing in a quality new two guard.
So, it looks like they may bring Shannon Brown back. So tweets John Gambadoro of KTAR in Phoenix.
Hearing the Suns are closing in on a deal with free agent Shannon Brown. With Gordon, Mayo and Lee all gone now it makes the most sense.
Last season in Phoenix Brown played the most minutes per game, took the most shots and scored the most points (11 a contest) that he had in his career. He wasn’t particularly more efficient or better at it (PER of 13.6 the past two seasons), he just played a larger role in the offense. One that may continue into next season.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 10
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 7
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4