Jul 20, 2012, 6:03 PM EDT
UPDATE 6:03 pm: And it’s official. From the twitter of Marc Spears of Yahoo.
Suns guard Shannon Brown is re-signing, his agent Mark Bartelstien says.
This is a two-year, $7 million deal. Which sounds about right.
4:40 pm: The Suns have traded out Steve Nash for Goran Dargic at the point guard spot, but they have struck out bringing in a quality new two guard.
So, it looks like they may bring Shannon Brown back. So tweets John Gambadoro of KTAR in Phoenix.
Hearing the Suns are closing in on a deal with free agent Shannon Brown. With Gordon, Mayo and Lee all gone now it makes the most sense.
Last season in Phoenix Brown played the most minutes per game, took the most shots and scored the most points (11 a contest) that he had in his career. He wasn’t particularly more efficient or better at it (PER of 13.6 the past two seasons), he just played a larger role in the offense. One that may continue into next season.
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 4
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 4
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 15
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7