Jul 20, 2012, 12:42 PM EDT
“If we get everybody back healthy, with Ricky (Rubio) back healthy, if (Brandon) Roy comes in healthy, and if we can get off to a good start, we’re going to be good. But we really have to add as many as pieces as we possibly can, veteran guys,” he said. “There was some bad blood in that locker room we were able to get out of there and smooth things out. That should help us out going forward.”
Asked to elaborate, Love responded: “Just what I said. We had bad blood in the locker room. We got that out.”
I’m not going to speculate, I’ll leave that to you.
But Love was completely back on his “We have to get better and I’m going to publicly push the organization kick” in the interview. He wants veterans, he wants to win now. Thing is, with him and Rubio they have the potential core of a good team and just veterans isn’t the answer. More talent is, regardless of age.
But Love is on Team USA where guys are showing off their title rings and he’s never made the playoffs. He wants to taste the postseason. And that drive is not a bad thing at all.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 8
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 24
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6