Jul 20, 2012, 12:42 PM EDT
“If we get everybody back healthy, with Ricky (Rubio) back healthy, if (Brandon) Roy comes in healthy, and if we can get off to a good start, we’re going to be good. But we really have to add as many as pieces as we possibly can, veteran guys,” he said. “There was some bad blood in that locker room we were able to get out of there and smooth things out. That should help us out going forward.”
Asked to elaborate, Love responded: “Just what I said. We had bad blood in the locker room. We got that out.”
I’m not going to speculate, I’ll leave that to you.
But Love was completely back on his “We have to get better and I’m going to publicly push the organization kick” in the interview. He wants veterans, he wants to win now. Thing is, with him and Rubio they have the potential core of a good team and just veterans isn’t the answer. More talent is, regardless of age.
But Love is on Team USA where guys are showing off their title rings and he’s never made the playoffs. He wants to taste the postseason. And that drive is not a bad thing at all.
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 1
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 84
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9