Jul 20, 2012, 12:42 PM EDT
“If we get everybody back healthy, with Ricky (Rubio) back healthy, if (Brandon) Roy comes in healthy, and if we can get off to a good start, we’re going to be good. But we really have to add as many as pieces as we possibly can, veteran guys,” he said. “There was some bad blood in that locker room we were able to get out of there and smooth things out. That should help us out going forward.”
Asked to elaborate, Love responded: “Just what I said. We had bad blood in the locker room. We got that out.”
I’m not going to speculate, I’ll leave that to you.
But Love was completely back on his “We have to get better and I’m going to publicly push the organization kick” in the interview. He wants veterans, he wants to win now. Thing is, with him and Rubio they have the potential core of a good team and just veterans isn’t the answer. More talent is, regardless of age.
But Love is on Team USA where guys are showing off their title rings and he’s never made the playoffs. He wants to taste the postseason. And that drive is not a bad thing at all.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 18
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 76
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 9
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36