Jul 19, 2012, 12:44 PM EST
The Wizards were more dysfunctional than a Kardashian marriage.
So they have changed everything. Down to the uniforms.
Look at it this way — John Wall is now the longest tenured Wizard, something owner Ted Leonsis wrote on his blog. He wrote about the top-to-bottom changeover of the roster. It needed to happen — the Wizards had the most dysfunctional locker room in the league. Now with guys like Nene, Emeka Okafor, Trevor Ariza this will be more professional team. A team that prepares properly and comes to play every night.
John Wall remains Washington’s key — the Wizards go as far as he goes.
“I’m very confident,” he told HoopsWorld from Vegas, while his hipster glasses were tucked into his shirt. “I mean, the organization, the general manager, the owner and the coaching staff are doing a great job. Now it’s just up to us the players to go out there and execute what they’re giving us and play our best.”
The man with the mic then asked Wall if it was time for him to make the playoffs.
“Yeah, it’s time for me to be in the playoffs, it’s time to be an All-Star,” Wall said. “It’s all those type of things that I’ve been wanting and wanting [for] this organization, to help the Wizards get better. So it’s all up to me to lead my team and us to get better.”
I want Wall to say that. I want him to hit jumpers, attack off the pick-and-roll and play like an All-Star. I want him to have that mindset.
Are the Wizards going to make the playoffs? Maybe, they could pull it all together and get the 6-8 seed. Maybe.
But it all comes back to Wall and how he plays.
If he plays like an All-Star the Wizards will be respectable this season. That alone is a big step forward.
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 0
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 10
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 6
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31