Jul 19, 2012, 12:44 PM EDT
The Wizards were more dysfunctional than a Kardashian marriage.
So they have changed everything. Down to the uniforms.
Look at it this way — John Wall is now the longest tenured Wizard, something owner Ted Leonsis wrote on his blog. He wrote about the top-to-bottom changeover of the roster. It needed to happen — the Wizards had the most dysfunctional locker room in the league. Now with guys like Nene, Emeka Okafor, Trevor Ariza this will be more professional team. A team that prepares properly and comes to play every night.
John Wall remains Washington’s key — the Wizards go as far as he goes.
“I’m very confident,” he told HoopsWorld from Vegas, while his hipster glasses were tucked into his shirt. “I mean, the organization, the general manager, the owner and the coaching staff are doing a great job. Now it’s just up to us the players to go out there and execute what they’re giving us and play our best.”
The man with the mic then asked Wall if it was time for him to make the playoffs.
“Yeah, it’s time for me to be in the playoffs, it’s time to be an All-Star,” Wall said. “It’s all those type of things that I’ve been wanting and wanting [for] this organization, to help the Wizards get better. So it’s all up to me to lead my team and us to get better.”
I want Wall to say that. I want him to hit jumpers, attack off the pick-and-roll and play like an All-Star. I want him to have that mindset.
Are the Wizards going to make the playoffs? Maybe, they could pull it all together and get the 6-8 seed. Maybe.
But it all comes back to Wall and how he plays.
If he plays like an All-Star the Wizards will be respectable this season. That alone is a big step forward.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 10
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 12
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 6
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7