Jul 19, 2012, 7:40 PM EDT
As we told you before, Team USA waxed this year’s Olympic hosts on Thursday 118-78 in a game where the star may have been Deron Williams hitting four three-pointers in the third quarter. Or Russell Westbrook‘s defense. Or Carmelo Anthony with a nice run at the end of the first quarter.
Take your pick, it really didn’t matter, the USA was deeper, more athletic and just better at that game called basketball. It wasn’t close.
Now the USA is off to Barcelona, where they face real tests against Argentina and Spain. Those are games worth watching. In this case, these highlights will do.
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 3
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 12
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 19
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 52
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 4
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 17
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5