Jul 19, 2012, 7:40 PM EST
As we told you before, Team USA waxed this year’s Olympic hosts on Thursday 118-78 in a game where the star may have been Deron Williams hitting four three-pointers in the third quarter. Or Russell Westbrook‘s defense. Or Carmelo Anthony with a nice run at the end of the first quarter.
Take your pick, it really didn’t matter, the USA was deeper, more athletic and just better at that game called basketball. It wasn’t close.
Now the USA is off to Barcelona, where they face real tests against Argentina and Spain. Those are games worth watching. In this case, these highlights will do.
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 6
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 8
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 44
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 15
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12
- Report: Lakers expect Kobe Bryant to miss rest of season 19