Jul 19, 2012, 7:40 PM EDT
As we told you before, Team USA waxed this year’s Olympic hosts on Thursday 118-78 in a game where the star may have been Deron Williams hitting four three-pointers in the third quarter. Or Russell Westbrook‘s defense. Or Carmelo Anthony with a nice run at the end of the first quarter.
Take your pick, it really didn’t matter, the USA was deeper, more athletic and just better at that game called basketball. It wasn’t close.
Now the USA is off to Barcelona, where they face real tests against Argentina and Spain. Those are games worth watching. In this case, these highlights will do.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 2
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 2
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 3
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 10
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15