Jul 19, 2012, 7:40 PM EDT
As we told you before, Team USA waxed this year’s Olympic hosts on Thursday 118-78 in a game where the star may have been Deron Williams hitting four three-pointers in the third quarter. Or Russell Westbrook‘s defense. Or Carmelo Anthony with a nice run at the end of the first quarter.
Take your pick, it really didn’t matter, the USA was deeper, more athletic and just better at that game called basketball. It wasn’t close.
Now the USA is off to Barcelona, where they face real tests against Argentina and Spain. Those are games worth watching. In this case, these highlights will do.
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 14
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 6
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0