Jul 19, 2012, 1:56 PM EST
NBA fans in Mexico City are going to get to see a hot young team in the New Orleans Hornets and… whatever is going to be left on the Magic roster by the time training camp opens.
The league has announced an Oct. 7 preseason game between New Orleans and Orlando in the new Mexico City Arena.
Actually, the Magic are there because Mexico-native Gustavo Ayon is on the roster. Dwight Howard probably is traded by then, but I have a better chance of predicting when the next earthquake hits San Francisco than I do guessing when or where he lands. So we’ll stick with probably.
The Hornets are going to be one of the up and coming darlings of the NBA, the hot young thing to watch. They will be playing on some big stages, with Anthony Davis, Eric Gordon and Austin Rivers. This is just the first one.
The first NBA preseason game in Mexico City was in 1992 and this will be the 18th such game in the city. The NBA did not have preseason games in Mexico City or anywhere else last season due to the lockout.
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 3
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 3
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9