Jul 19, 2012, 9:54 AM EDT
I’m not going to play amateur psychologist here, I’m just going to lay out the facts.
Dennis Rodman never really knew is father, who skipped out on Rodman’s family 42 years ago. Also, his father is named Philander Rodman Jr., who claims to have fathered 29 different children by 16 different mothers. (Yes, that is his real name.) The elder Rodman lives in the Philippines where he owns a chicken restaurant. Just be thankful he’s not your father.
Hall of Famer Dennis Rodman was in Manila for an exhibition game when his estranged father set up a meeting between them for the first time in 42 years, according to the Associated Press, who had a guy there.
Philander, who has been living in the Philippines for nearly 50 years, said Thursday he wanted to explain to his son that he did not abandon his family in the United States, but they only had time for greetings and handshakes.
No snark, no comments here, because there really isn’t any angle of this that isn’t a combination of disgusting and sad.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 78
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32