Jul 19, 2012, 9:54 AM EST
I’m not going to play amateur psychologist here, I’m just going to lay out the facts.
Dennis Rodman never really knew is father, who skipped out on Rodman’s family 42 years ago. Also, his father is named Philander Rodman Jr., who claims to have fathered 29 different children by 16 different mothers. (Yes, that is his real name.) The elder Rodman lives in the Philippines where he owns a chicken restaurant. Just be thankful he’s not your father.
Hall of Famer Dennis Rodman was in Manila for an exhibition game when his estranged father set up a meeting between them for the first time in 42 years, according to the Associated Press, who had a guy there.
Philander, who has been living in the Philippines for nearly 50 years, said Thursday he wanted to explain to his son that he did not abandon his family in the United States, but they only had time for greetings and handshakes.
No snark, no comments here, because there really isn’t any angle of this that isn’t a combination of disgusting and sad.
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 5
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 1
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 5
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 1
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 7
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 25
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 11