Jul 19, 2012, 9:54 AM EDT
I’m not going to play amateur psychologist here, I’m just going to lay out the facts.
Dennis Rodman never really knew is father, who skipped out on Rodman’s family 42 years ago. Also, his father is named Philander Rodman Jr., who claims to have fathered 29 different children by 16 different mothers. (Yes, that is his real name.) The elder Rodman lives in the Philippines where he owns a chicken restaurant. Just be thankful he’s not your father.
Hall of Famer Dennis Rodman was in Manila for an exhibition game when his estranged father set up a meeting between them for the first time in 42 years, according to the Associated Press, who had a guy there.
Philander, who has been living in the Philippines for nearly 50 years, said Thursday he wanted to explain to his son that he did not abandon his family in the United States, but they only had time for greetings and handshakes.
No snark, no comments here, because there really isn’t any angle of this that isn’t a combination of disgusting and sad.
- Report: Suns, Eric Bledsoe have ‘made progress’ on a new contract in last couple of days 0
- Report: Michael Beasley reaches agreement with Memphis Grizzlies 3
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16