Jul 19, 2012, 9:54 AM EDT
I’m not going to play amateur psychologist here, I’m just going to lay out the facts.
Dennis Rodman never really knew is father, who skipped out on Rodman’s family 42 years ago. Also, his father is named Philander Rodman Jr., who claims to have fathered 29 different children by 16 different mothers. (Yes, that is his real name.) The elder Rodman lives in the Philippines where he owns a chicken restaurant. Just be thankful he’s not your father.
Hall of Famer Dennis Rodman was in Manila for an exhibition game when his estranged father set up a meeting between them for the first time in 42 years, according to the Associated Press, who had a guy there.
Philander, who has been living in the Philippines for nearly 50 years, said Thursday he wanted to explain to his son that he did not abandon his family in the United States, but they only had time for greetings and handshakes.
No snark, no comments here, because there really isn’t any angle of this that isn’t a combination of disgusting and sad.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 83
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20