Jul 19, 2012, 9:54 AM EDT
I’m not going to play amateur psychologist here, I’m just going to lay out the facts.
Dennis Rodman never really knew is father, who skipped out on Rodman’s family 42 years ago. Also, his father is named Philander Rodman Jr., who claims to have fathered 29 different children by 16 different mothers. (Yes, that is his real name.) The elder Rodman lives in the Philippines where he owns a chicken restaurant. Just be thankful he’s not your father.
Hall of Famer Dennis Rodman was in Manila for an exhibition game when his estranged father set up a meeting between them for the first time in 42 years, according to the Associated Press, who had a guy there.
Philander, who has been living in the Philippines for nearly 50 years, said Thursday he wanted to explain to his son that he did not abandon his family in the United States, but they only had time for greetings and handshakes.
No snark, no comments here, because there really isn’t any angle of this that isn’t a combination of disgusting and sad.
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 0
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 31
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 24
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 31
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61