Jul 19, 2012, 2:33 PM EDT
Is this it for Dan Gadzuric, or is one more team going to give him a slot at the end of the bench as a backup?
The Blazers are not willing to do that, they waived him on Thursday. Which was to be expected, he was thrown in the Raymond Felton trade as filler and was never going to stick.
The former UCLA big man has a decade in the NBA but spent much of last season in the D-League and played just two games for the Knicks last year. He has played 44 total games over the last three seasons in the NBA.
It’s not inconceivable that some team will give him another shot at the end of the bench for the veteran minimum, or more likely might some team give him a shot mid season after an injury this their bench.
Maybe. Or maybe this is it.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 16
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9