Jul 19, 2012, 2:33 PM EDT
Is this it for Dan Gadzuric, or is one more team going to give him a slot at the end of the bench as a backup?
The Blazers are not willing to do that, they waived him on Thursday. Which was to be expected, he was thrown in the Raymond Felton trade as filler and was never going to stick.
The former UCLA big man has a decade in the NBA but spent much of last season in the D-League and played just two games for the Knicks last year. He has played 44 total games over the last three seasons in the NBA.
It’s not inconceivable that some team will give him another shot at the end of the bench for the veteran minimum, or more likely might some team give him a shot mid season after an injury this their bench.
Maybe. Or maybe this is it.
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 1
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 0
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, out indefinitely 4
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 36
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 4
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 29
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 25