Jul 19, 2012, 2:33 PM EDT
Is this it for Dan Gadzuric, or is one more team going to give him a slot at the end of the bench as a backup?
The Blazers are not willing to do that, they waived him on Thursday. Which was to be expected, he was thrown in the Raymond Felton trade as filler and was never going to stick.
The former UCLA big man has a decade in the NBA but spent much of last season in the D-League and played just two games for the Knicks last year. He has played 44 total games over the last three seasons in the NBA.
It’s not inconceivable that some team will give him another shot at the end of the bench for the veteran minimum, or more likely might some team give him a shot mid season after an injury this their bench.
Maybe. Or maybe this is it.
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 22
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 8
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 19
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 21
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 31
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26