Jul 19, 2012, 2:33 PM EDT
Is this it for Dan Gadzuric, or is one more team going to give him a slot at the end of the bench as a backup?
The Blazers are not willing to do that, they waived him on Thursday. Which was to be expected, he was thrown in the Raymond Felton trade as filler and was never going to stick.
The former UCLA big man has a decade in the NBA but spent much of last season in the D-League and played just two games for the Knicks last year. He has played 44 total games over the last three seasons in the NBA.
It’s not inconceivable that some team will give him another shot at the end of the bench for the veteran minimum, or more likely might some team give him a shot mid season after an injury this their bench.
Maybe. Or maybe this is it.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 10
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 11
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 5
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7