Jul 18, 2012, 10:19 AM EDT
Anthony Randolph tempts you because he puts up a few points — 7.4 a game last season, more than 11 a game a couple stretches in his career — blocks some shots and gets you some boards. He has handles, he can run the floor. He’s got a good PER (17.6 last season) and you see even more potential for the guy who turns 23 next season.
Randolph with JaVale McGee in front of him will give the Nuggets about as athletic a front line as there is in the league. McGee has a five-year, $50 million deal from the Nuggets on the table but is looking for a bigger offer around the league.
With Karl as coach and the Nuggets up-tempo style of play, Randolph could have a big year. They need to keep him near the basket and away from long jumpers, get him running and finishing the break not hanging around outside. He doesn’t have the gifts of McGee but he has the potential to be a better player than he has shown to be. I like that fit.
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 9
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 7
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 24
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 18
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 5
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games