Jul 18, 2012, 10:19 AM EDT
Anthony Randolph tempts you because he puts up a few points — 7.4 a game last season, more than 11 a game a couple stretches in his career — blocks some shots and gets you some boards. He has handles, he can run the floor. He’s got a good PER (17.6 last season) and you see even more potential for the guy who turns 23 next season.
Randolph with JaVale McGee in front of him will give the Nuggets about as athletic a front line as there is in the league. McGee has a five-year, $50 million deal from the Nuggets on the table but is looking for a bigger offer around the league.
With Karl as coach and the Nuggets up-tempo style of play, Randolph could have a big year. They need to keep him near the basket and away from long jumpers, get him running and finishing the break not hanging around outside. He doesn’t have the gifts of McGee but he has the potential to be a better player than he has shown to be. I like that fit.
- PBT Podcast: NBA playoff preview edition 0
- NBA Playoff Preview: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder 4
- NBA Playoff Preview: Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trail Blazers 5
- NBA Playoff Preview: Chicago Bulls vs. Washington Wizards 19
- Report: Steve Kerr “expects” to be offered, will take Knicks coaching job 15