Jul 18, 2012, 10:19 AM EDT
Anthony Randolph tempts you because he puts up a few points — 7.4 a game last season, more than 11 a game a couple stretches in his career — blocks some shots and gets you some boards. He has handles, he can run the floor. He’s got a good PER (17.6 last season) and you see even more potential for the guy who turns 23 next season.
Randolph with JaVale McGee in front of him will give the Nuggets about as athletic a front line as there is in the league. McGee has a five-year, $50 million deal from the Nuggets on the table but is looking for a bigger offer around the league.
With Karl as coach and the Nuggets up-tempo style of play, Randolph could have a big year. They need to keep him near the basket and away from long jumpers, get him running and finishing the break not hanging around outside. He doesn’t have the gifts of McGee but he has the potential to be a better player than he has shown to be. I like that fit.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 5
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 8
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4