Jul 18, 2012, 10:19 AM EDT
Anthony Randolph tempts you because he puts up a few points — 7.4 a game last season, more than 11 a game a couple stretches in his career — blocks some shots and gets you some boards. He has handles, he can run the floor. He’s got a good PER (17.6 last season) and you see even more potential for the guy who turns 23 next season.
Randolph with JaVale McGee in front of him will give the Nuggets about as athletic a front line as there is in the league. McGee has a five-year, $50 million deal from the Nuggets on the table but is looking for a bigger offer around the league.
With Karl as coach and the Nuggets up-tempo style of play, Randolph could have a big year. They need to keep him near the basket and away from long jumpers, get him running and finishing the break not hanging around outside. He doesn’t have the gifts of McGee but he has the potential to be a better player than he has shown to be. I like that fit.
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 65
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 56
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6