Jul 17, 2012, 3:49 PM EST
The “kiss cam” is ubiquitous at all NBA games now — the camera frames a man and women, puts the couple on the big screen and they are expected to kiss. A little PDA for entertainment’s sake.
Except, Michelle Obama seemed to want none of it the first time she and her husband Barack — the president and huge basketball fan — went up on the screen during the USA/Brazil game in Washington D.C. Monday night. That or they didn’t see it. Either way they had to come back to them for a kiss.
She still doesn’t look that thrilled. But she plays along. Pretty much the same reaction my wife would have.
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 0
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 1
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 9
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 3
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)