Jul 17, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
Hill has agreed to terms and is finalizing a deal with the Los Angeles Clippers, according to multiple sources. John Gambadoro of KTAR in Phoenix broke the story, and Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports and the NBC Sports Network has confirmed it.
Both Nash and Kobe Bryant had tried to recruit Hill to the Lakers, but GM Mitch Kupchak has said the Lakers are only handing out veteran minimum deals. While we don’t know the details of the Clippers offer, it is likely for more than the minimum.
Hill will turn 40 before next season but was a solid starter for the Suns last year, giving them 10.2 points a game in 28 minutes, with a PER of 12.3. The Clippers are looking for some heady veterans to go around and steady out their young core, something Chauncey Billups brought last season before his injury. Hill will split time at the wing with Jamal Crawford, plus the Clippers can go small if they want and have Eric Bledsoe play minutes at the two.
Look for the Lakers to try and fill in some depth on the wing with a sign-and-trade for Brandon Rush or Courtney Lee, both of whom are better than Hill at this point in their careers. If that falls short they will see who else is on the market for the veteran minimum.
- Report: Clippers just need owner’s approval to finalize Garnett, Rivers trade 1
- PBT Extra: Previewing Heat/Spurs NBA Finals Game 7 6
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 6
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 14
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 38
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (80)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PHT: Blackhawks rattle Rask in Game 4
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT Extra: Will the Spurs recover for Game 7?
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- HBT: Hamilton dropped to 7th in Angels lineup
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record