Jul 17, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
Hill has agreed to terms and is finalizing a deal with the Los Angeles Clippers, according to multiple sources. John Gambadoro of KTAR in Phoenix broke the story, and Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports and the NBC Sports Network has confirmed it.
Both Nash and Kobe Bryant had tried to recruit Hill to the Lakers, but GM Mitch Kupchak has said the Lakers are only handing out veteran minimum deals. While we don’t know the details of the Clippers offer, it is likely for more than the minimum.
Hill will turn 40 before next season but was a solid starter for the Suns last year, giving them 10.2 points a game in 28 minutes, with a PER of 12.3. The Clippers are looking for some heady veterans to go around and steady out their young core, something Chauncey Billups brought last season before his injury. Hill will split time at the wing with Jamal Crawford, plus the Clippers can go small if they want and have Eric Bledsoe play minutes at the two.
Look for the Lakers to try and fill in some depth on the wing with a sign-and-trade for Brandon Rush or Courtney Lee, both of whom are better than Hill at this point in their careers. If that falls short they will see who else is on the market for the veteran minimum.
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 1
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14