Jul 17, 2012, 1:20 PM EST
Hill has agreed to terms and is finalizing a deal with the Los Angeles Clippers, according to multiple sources. John Gambadoro of KTAR in Phoenix broke the story, and Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports and the NBC Sports Network has confirmed it.
Both Nash and Kobe Bryant had tried to recruit Hill to the Lakers, but GM Mitch Kupchak has said the Lakers are only handing out veteran minimum deals. While we don’t know the details of the Clippers offer, it is likely for more than the minimum.
Hill will turn 40 before next season but was a solid starter for the Suns last year, giving them 10.2 points a game in 28 minutes, with a PER of 12.3. The Clippers are looking for some heady veterans to go around and steady out their young core, something Chauncey Billups brought last season before his injury. Hill will split time at the wing with Jamal Crawford, plus the Clippers can go small if they want and have Eric Bledsoe play minutes at the two.
Look for the Lakers to try and fill in some depth on the wing with a sign-and-trade for Brandon Rush or Courtney Lee, both of whom are better than Hill at this point in their careers. If that falls short they will see who else is on the market for the veteran minimum.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 17
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11