Jul 17, 2012, 1:20 PM EST
Hill has agreed to terms and is finalizing a deal with the Los Angeles Clippers, according to multiple sources. John Gambadoro of KTAR in Phoenix broke the story, and Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports and the NBC Sports Network has confirmed it.
Both Nash and Kobe Bryant had tried to recruit Hill to the Lakers, but GM Mitch Kupchak has said the Lakers are only handing out veteran minimum deals. While we don’t know the details of the Clippers offer, it is likely for more than the minimum.
Hill will turn 40 before next season but was a solid starter for the Suns last year, giving them 10.2 points a game in 28 minutes, with a PER of 12.3. The Clippers are looking for some heady veterans to go around and steady out their young core, something Chauncey Billups brought last season before his injury. Hill will split time at the wing with Jamal Crawford, plus the Clippers can go small if they want and have Eric Bledsoe play minutes at the two.
Look for the Lakers to try and fill in some depth on the wing with a sign-and-trade for Brandon Rush or Courtney Lee, both of whom are better than Hill at this point in their careers. If that falls short they will see who else is on the market for the veteran minimum.
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 9
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 10
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5