Jul 17, 2012, 1:20 PM EST
Hill has agreed to terms and is finalizing a deal with the Los Angeles Clippers, according to multiple sources. John Gambadoro of KTAR in Phoenix broke the story, and Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports and the NBC Sports Network has confirmed it.
Both Nash and Kobe Bryant had tried to recruit Hill to the Lakers, but GM Mitch Kupchak has said the Lakers are only handing out veteran minimum deals. While we don’t know the details of the Clippers offer, it is likely for more than the minimum.
Hill will turn 40 before next season but was a solid starter for the Suns last year, giving them 10.2 points a game in 28 minutes, with a PER of 12.3. The Clippers are looking for some heady veterans to go around and steady out their young core, something Chauncey Billups brought last season before his injury. Hill will split time at the wing with Jamal Crawford, plus the Clippers can go small if they want and have Eric Bledsoe play minutes at the two.
Look for the Lakers to try and fill in some depth on the wing with a sign-and-trade for Brandon Rush or Courtney Lee, both of whom are better than Hill at this point in their careers. If that falls short they will see who else is on the market for the veteran minimum.
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 0
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 6
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60