Jul 17, 2012, 12:06 PM EST
So, who you going to believe?
On one hand, we have about every source in the universe saying Antwan Jamison signing with the Lakers is very close to being done. The Charlotte Observer had it first but the story has been echoed elsewhere.
On the other side, there is Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak admitting that they talked to Jamison but adding this to Dave McMenamin of ESPNLosAngeles.com.
“We’re not about to do anything,” Kupchak told ESPNLosAngeles.com. “I would know.”
It’s in Kupchak’s best interest to play things close to the vest here. Also, Jamison is a North Carolina guy and so you can guess where the Charlotte Observer’s sources are. Smart money says Jamison thinks the deal is done but Kupchak is trying to keep his options open. I also bet it gets done in the next 48 hours or so.
Kupchak also has said that all the Lakers deals from here on out will be for the veteran’s minimum, so the money here is not in question.
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 17
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 15
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 42
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5