Jul 17, 2012, 12:06 PM EDT
So, who you going to believe?
On one hand, we have about every source in the universe saying Antwan Jamison signing with the Lakers is very close to being done. The Charlotte Observer had it first but the story has been echoed elsewhere.
On the other side, there is Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak admitting that they talked to Jamison but adding this to Dave McMenamin of ESPNLosAngeles.com.
“We’re not about to do anything,” Kupchak told ESPNLosAngeles.com. “I would know.”
It’s in Kupchak’s best interest to play things close to the vest here. Also, Jamison is a North Carolina guy and so you can guess where the Charlotte Observer’s sources are. Smart money says Jamison thinks the deal is done but Kupchak is trying to keep his options open. I also bet it gets done in the next 48 hours or so.
Kupchak also has said that all the Lakers deals from here on out will be for the veteran’s minimum, so the money here is not in question.
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 18
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 30
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19
- John Calipari says he was not close to going to Cleveland. LeBron or not. 12
- Report: Shawn Marion commits to play with Cavaliers, LeBron James 47