Jul 17, 2012, 12:06 PM EDT
So, who you going to believe?
On one hand, we have about every source in the universe saying Antwan Jamison signing with the Lakers is very close to being done. The Charlotte Observer had it first but the story has been echoed elsewhere.
On the other side, there is Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak admitting that they talked to Jamison but adding this to Dave McMenamin of ESPNLosAngeles.com.
“We’re not about to do anything,” Kupchak told ESPNLosAngeles.com. “I would know.”
It’s in Kupchak’s best interest to play things close to the vest here. Also, Jamison is a North Carolina guy and so you can guess where the Charlotte Observer’s sources are. Smart money says Jamison thinks the deal is done but Kupchak is trying to keep his options open. I also bet it gets done in the next 48 hours or so.
Kupchak also has said that all the Lakers deals from here on out will be for the veteran’s minimum, so the money here is not in question.
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 16
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 36
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 85
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 56
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4