Jul 17, 2012, 12:06 PM EDT
So, who you going to believe?
On one hand, we have about every source in the universe saying Antwan Jamison signing with the Lakers is very close to being done. The Charlotte Observer had it first but the story has been echoed elsewhere.
On the other side, there is Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak admitting that they talked to Jamison but adding this to Dave McMenamin of ESPNLosAngeles.com.
“We’re not about to do anything,” Kupchak told ESPNLosAngeles.com. “I would know.”
It’s in Kupchak’s best interest to play things close to the vest here. Also, Jamison is a North Carolina guy and so you can guess where the Charlotte Observer’s sources are. Smart money says Jamison thinks the deal is done but Kupchak is trying to keep his options open. I also bet it gets done in the next 48 hours or so.
Kupchak also has said that all the Lakers deals from here on out will be for the veteran’s minimum, so the money here is not in question.
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 1
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 12
- LeBron James-Paul George matchup reaches awesome levels in Game 2 5
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 9
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 13
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (68)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (60)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final