Jul 17, 2012, 12:06 PM EST
So, who you going to believe?
On one hand, we have about every source in the universe saying Antwan Jamison signing with the Lakers is very close to being done. The Charlotte Observer had it first but the story has been echoed elsewhere.
On the other side, there is Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak admitting that they talked to Jamison but adding this to Dave McMenamin of ESPNLosAngeles.com.
“We’re not about to do anything,” Kupchak told ESPNLosAngeles.com. “I would know.”
It’s in Kupchak’s best interest to play things close to the vest here. Also, Jamison is a North Carolina guy and so you can guess where the Charlotte Observer’s sources are. Smart money says Jamison thinks the deal is done but Kupchak is trying to keep his options open. I also bet it gets done in the next 48 hours or so.
Kupchak also has said that all the Lakers deals from here on out will be for the veteran’s minimum, so the money here is not in question.
- Brook Lopez suffers broken foot, out for the season 2
- Duke’s Jabari Parker doesn’t back away from Carmelo Anthony comparison 10
- Michael Carter-Williams returns to Sixers lineup Friday against Nets 6
- Report: Bulls not looking to trade Luol Deng. Why would you think that? 16
- Kendrick Perkins tells Joakim Noah to “get your a– up out’ of Thunder locker room 36
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee (70)
- LeBron did foul Paul George on final shot but there was no call (VIDEO) (60)
- Chicago columnist hammers Derrick Rose as no longer humble star (56)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- LeBron angrily goes after Mario Chalmers on the Heat bench (VIDEO) (50)