Jul 16, 2012, 11:47 AM EDT
It was the final day of the Orlando Summer League and Xavier Silas — an end of season call up by Philadelphia who was getting another look — was defending a point guard on the drive when center Solomon Jones came over for the block and elbowed Silas in the face accidentally.
Silas suffered serious facial injuries and had surgery on them over the weekend, reports the Philadelphia Inquirer.
Xavier Silas had successful facial surgery Saturday to fuse several sinus fractures after he was injured in Friday’s summer-league finale in Orlando….
In a text message to teammate Evan Turner that Turner posted Sunday on Twitter, Silas wrote, “Feel better. Meds just having me sleeping a lot. Tell them I’m feeling stronger already. Tell em the young snake said that.”
The timetable for his recovery is not known, but we hope we see him back with the Sixers or at least getting another shot in the D-League soon.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 18
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 37
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85