Jul 16, 2012, 11:47 AM EDT
It was the final day of the Orlando Summer League and Xavier Silas — an end of season call up by Philadelphia who was getting another look — was defending a point guard on the drive when center Solomon Jones came over for the block and elbowed Silas in the face accidentally.
Silas suffered serious facial injuries and had surgery on them over the weekend, reports the Philadelphia Inquirer.
Xavier Silas had successful facial surgery Saturday to fuse several sinus fractures after he was injured in Friday’s summer-league finale in Orlando….
In a text message to teammate Evan Turner that Turner posted Sunday on Twitter, Silas wrote, “Feel better. Meds just having me sleeping a lot. Tell them I’m feeling stronger already. Tell em the young snake said that.”
The timetable for his recovery is not known, but we hope we see him back with the Sixers or at least getting another shot in the D-League soon.
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 14
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 6
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 11
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4