Jul 16, 2012, 11:47 AM EDT
It was the final day of the Orlando Summer League and Xavier Silas — an end of season call up by Philadelphia who was getting another look — was defending a point guard on the drive when center Solomon Jones came over for the block and elbowed Silas in the face accidentally.
Silas suffered serious facial injuries and had surgery on them over the weekend, reports the Philadelphia Inquirer.
Xavier Silas had successful facial surgery Saturday to fuse several sinus fractures after he was injured in Friday’s summer-league finale in Orlando….
In a text message to teammate Evan Turner that Turner posted Sunday on Twitter, Silas wrote, “Feel better. Meds just having me sleeping a lot. Tell them I’m feeling stronger already. Tell em the young snake said that.”
The timetable for his recovery is not known, but we hope we see him back with the Sixers or at least getting another shot in the D-League soon.
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 5
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 32
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 12
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 58
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 11