Jul 16, 2012, 11:47 AM EDT
It was the final day of the Orlando Summer League and Xavier Silas — an end of season call up by Philadelphia who was getting another look — was defending a point guard on the drive when center Solomon Jones came over for the block and elbowed Silas in the face accidentally.
Silas suffered serious facial injuries and had surgery on them over the weekend, reports the Philadelphia Inquirer.
Xavier Silas had successful facial surgery Saturday to fuse several sinus fractures after he was injured in Friday’s summer-league finale in Orlando….
In a text message to teammate Evan Turner that Turner posted Sunday on Twitter, Silas wrote, “Feel better. Meds just having me sleeping a lot. Tell them I’m feeling stronger already. Tell em the young snake said that.”
The timetable for his recovery is not known, but we hope we see him back with the Sixers or at least getting another shot in the D-League soon.
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 9
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 21
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 6
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 46
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 64
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 16