Jul 16, 2012, 11:47 AM EDT
It was the final day of the Orlando Summer League and Xavier Silas — an end of season call up by Philadelphia who was getting another look — was defending a point guard on the drive when center Solomon Jones came over for the block and elbowed Silas in the face accidentally.
Silas suffered serious facial injuries and had surgery on them over the weekend, reports the Philadelphia Inquirer.
Xavier Silas had successful facial surgery Saturday to fuse several sinus fractures after he was injured in Friday’s summer-league finale in Orlando….
In a text message to teammate Evan Turner that Turner posted Sunday on Twitter, Silas wrote, “Feel better. Meds just having me sleeping a lot. Tell them I’m feeling stronger already. Tell em the young snake said that.”
The timetable for his recovery is not known, but we hope we see him back with the Sixers or at least getting another shot in the D-League soon.
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 0
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 7
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 5
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 7
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 23
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 63
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4