Jul 16, 2012, 3:54 PM EDT
Jerry Stackhouse is going to get paid to be in the NBA for another season.
At age 38. For an 18th NBA season. After seeing limited minutes for the Hawks last season and appearing in 95 games total the past four years.
But he’s inked a deal with the Brooklyn Nets, he himself tweeted.
Officially a member of The Brooklyn Nets… NYC here we come!!!
This is a veteran’s minimum deal. With it the Nets get a guy who is like another coach on the bench. And… well, we’re trying to find positives here. He can sing the national anthem. The guys in the locker room will like him. He’s good with the media and that helps in New York.
So there’s all that. Don’t expect a lot on the court anymore.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 7
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 16
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winers start with Lakers 23
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10