Jul 16, 2012, 3:54 PM EST
Jerry Stackhouse is going to get paid to be in the NBA for another season.
At age 38. For an 18th NBA season. After seeing limited minutes for the Hawks last season and appearing in 95 games total the past four years.
But he’s inked a deal with the Brooklyn Nets, he himself tweeted.
Officially a member of The Brooklyn Nets… NYC here we come!!!
This is a veteran’s minimum deal. With it the Nets get a guy who is like another coach on the bench. And… well, we’re trying to find positives here. He can sing the national anthem. The guys in the locker room will like him. He’s good with the media and that helps in New York.
So there’s all that. Don’t expect a lot on the court anymore.
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 23
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 7
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 38
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 57
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 11
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 43
- Derrick Rose is hurt again. Where do the Bulls go from here? 28