Jul 16, 2012, 3:54 PM EDT
Jerry Stackhouse is going to get paid to be in the NBA for another season.
At age 38. For an 18th NBA season. After seeing limited minutes for the Hawks last season and appearing in 95 games total the past four years.
But he’s inked a deal with the Brooklyn Nets, he himself tweeted.
Officially a member of The Brooklyn Nets… NYC here we come!!!
This is a veteran’s minimum deal. With it the Nets get a guy who is like another coach on the bench. And… well, we’re trying to find positives here. He can sing the national anthem. The guys in the locker room will like him. He’s good with the media and that helps in New York.
So there’s all that. Don’t expect a lot on the court anymore.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 0
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 13
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31