Jul 16, 2012, 3:54 PM EST
Jerry Stackhouse is going to get paid to be in the NBA for another season.
At age 38. For an 18th NBA season. After seeing limited minutes for the Hawks last season and appearing in 95 games total the past four years.
But he’s inked a deal with the Brooklyn Nets, he himself tweeted.
Officially a member of The Brooklyn Nets… NYC here we come!!!
This is a veteran’s minimum deal. With it the Nets get a guy who is like another coach on the bench. And… well, we’re trying to find positives here. He can sing the national anthem. The guys in the locker room will like him. He’s good with the media and that helps in New York.
So there’s all that. Don’t expect a lot on the court anymore.
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 1
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39