Jul 16, 2012, 3:54 PM EDT
Jerry Stackhouse is going to get paid to be in the NBA for another season.
At age 38. For an 18th NBA season. After seeing limited minutes for the Hawks last season and appearing in 95 games total the past four years.
But he’s inked a deal with the Brooklyn Nets, he himself tweeted.
Officially a member of The Brooklyn Nets… NYC here we come!!!
This is a veteran’s minimum deal. With it the Nets get a guy who is like another coach on the bench. And… well, we’re trying to find positives here. He can sing the national anthem. The guys in the locker room will like him. He’s good with the media and that helps in New York.
So there’s all that. Don’t expect a lot on the court anymore.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 0
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 39
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 12
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13