Jul 16, 2012, 4:59 PM EDT
Forget London, Blake Griffin is now focused on being ready for China.
The Clippers will be in China for a couple preseason games against the Miami Heat and Griffin wants to be back and ready for camp after tearing the meniscus in his left knee during a Team USA scrimmage last week.
Griffin is undergoing surgery Monday. Dr. Neal ElAttrache of the Kerlan-Jobe Clinic will perform the surgery, according to the Clippers.
He is expected to be back for the season. He may well be brought along slowly during the preseason, but you can bet he’ll be out there to put on a little show for the Chinese fans so long as he is able.
However, Griffin is out for the Olympics. Anthony Davis was added to the roster in his place.
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 2
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 5
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 16
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 16
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34