Jul 16, 2012, 4:59 PM EDT
Forget London, Blake Griffin is now focused on being ready for China.
The Clippers will be in China for a couple preseason games against the Miami Heat and Griffin wants to be back and ready for camp after tearing the meniscus in his left knee during a Team USA scrimmage last week.
Griffin is undergoing surgery Monday. Dr. Neal ElAttrache of the Kerlan-Jobe Clinic will perform the surgery, according to the Clippers.
He is expected to be back for the season. He may well be brought along slowly during the preseason, but you can bet he’ll be out there to put on a little show for the Chinese fans so long as he is able.
However, Griffin is out for the Olympics. Anthony Davis was added to the roster in his place.
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Spurs look for ways to contain Chris Paul 1
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Can Memphis keep Damian Lillard in check? 0
- Report: Suns’ Morris twins charged with aggravated assault 8
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 9
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 6
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 14
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 6