Jul 16, 2012, 4:59 PM EDT
Forget London, Blake Griffin is now focused on being ready for China.
The Clippers will be in China for a couple preseason games against the Miami Heat and Griffin wants to be back and ready for camp after tearing the meniscus in his left knee during a Team USA scrimmage last week.
Griffin is undergoing surgery Monday. Dr. Neal ElAttrache of the Kerlan-Jobe Clinic will perform the surgery, according to the Clippers.
He is expected to be back for the season. He may well be brought along slowly during the preseason, but you can bet he’ll be out there to put on a little show for the Chinese fans so long as he is able.
However, Griffin is out for the Olympics. Anthony Davis was added to the roster in his place.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 22
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 26
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4