Jul 16, 2012, 4:59 PM EDT
Forget London, Blake Griffin is now focused on being ready for China.
The Clippers will be in China for a couple preseason games against the Miami Heat and Griffin wants to be back and ready for camp after tearing the meniscus in his left knee during a Team USA scrimmage last week.
Griffin is undergoing surgery Monday. Dr. Neal ElAttrache of the Kerlan-Jobe Clinic will perform the surgery, according to the Clippers.
He is expected to be back for the season. He may well be brought along slowly during the preseason, but you can bet he’ll be out there to put on a little show for the Chinese fans so long as he is able.
However, Griffin is out for the Olympics. Anthony Davis was added to the roster in his place.
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 8
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 13
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 21
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 6
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 88
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 22