Jul 16, 2012, 4:59 PM EDT
Forget London, Blake Griffin is now focused on being ready for China.
The Clippers will be in China for a couple preseason games against the Miami Heat and Griffin wants to be back and ready for camp after tearing the meniscus in his left knee during a Team USA scrimmage last week.
Griffin is undergoing surgery Monday. Dr. Neal ElAttrache of the Kerlan-Jobe Clinic will perform the surgery, according to the Clippers.
He is expected to be back for the season. He may well be brought along slowly during the preseason, but you can bet he’ll be out there to put on a little show for the Chinese fans so long as he is able.
However, Griffin is out for the Olympics. Anthony Davis was added to the roster in his place.
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 0
- Report: Rick Adelman will not return as Timberwolves coach 4
- Kyrie Irving would be ‘excited’ if Cavaliers offer max contract extension 9
- 2014 PBT Awards: Defensive Player of the Year 14
- Wednesday NBA grades: Kevin Durant ends season exactly like you think he would 14