Jul 15, 2012, 6:10 PM EST
It looks more and more like the rumor that Jacque Vaughn is the frontrunner for the Magic head coaching job is a lot more realty than gossip.
Both Brian Shaw and Mike Malone — the first two guys interviewed for the job — have pulled their names out of consideration.
Shaw, the former Phil Jackson right hand man and current Pacers lead assistant, pulled his name out, as did Warriors lead assistant Mike Malone, according to the Orlando Sentinel.
Malone interviewed this weekend for the Portland coaching position that is open.
Spurs assistant and former NBA player Vaughn was rumored to be the guy in the lead for the Magic job and this pretty much confirms it.
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 13
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 29
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19
- Report: Sixers want Andrei Kirilenko to report to team, prepare to play 16