Jul 15, 2012, 6:10 PM EDT
It looks more and more like the rumor that Jacque Vaughn is the frontrunner for the Magic head coaching job is a lot more realty than gossip.
Both Brian Shaw and Mike Malone — the first two guys interviewed for the job — have pulled their names out of consideration.
Shaw, the former Phil Jackson right hand man and current Pacers lead assistant, pulled his name out, as did Warriors lead assistant Mike Malone, according to the Orlando Sentinel.
Malone interviewed this weekend for the Portland coaching position that is open.
Spurs assistant and former NBA player Vaughn was rumored to be the guy in the lead for the Magic job and this pretty much confirms it.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 12
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43