Jul 15, 2012, 6:10 PM EST
It looks more and more like the rumor that Jacque Vaughn is the frontrunner for the Magic head coaching job is a lot more realty than gossip.
Both Brian Shaw and Mike Malone — the first two guys interviewed for the job — have pulled their names out of consideration.
Shaw, the former Phil Jackson right hand man and current Pacers lead assistant, pulled his name out, as did Warriors lead assistant Mike Malone, according to the Orlando Sentinel.
Malone interviewed this weekend for the Portland coaching position that is open.
Spurs assistant and former NBA player Vaughn was rumored to be the guy in the lead for the Magic job and this pretty much confirms it.
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 0
- DeMarcus Cousins wins. 7
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 9
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 21
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 6
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 4
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 24
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 10