Jul 15, 2012, 12:49 PM EDT
Well, hey, the good news is that no one drives in New York.
Patch.com out of South Hampton reports that Knicks PG Jason Kidd was arrested early Sunday morning on suspicion of drunk driving.
Details are still emerging, but Southampton Town police confirmed that the basketball star was arrested during the midnight shift.
Kidd, 39, was arraigned on a misdemeanor DWI charge on Sunday morning in Southampton Town Justice Court and released on his own recognizance.
At least no one was hurt.
I’m not going to go down any sort of road of assumptions or conclusions. This happens all the time, and I’m not talking about athletes. This happens every day to normal people who made as simple mistake of thinking they could drive when they couldn’t. It’s a severe mistake, and needs to be dealt with, by Kidd and our society, but getting on a high horse isn’t going to do anyone any good. It just happens to be our standard operating procedure.
But for the Knicks, they may have lost Jeremy Lin and had the new free agent arrested on drunk driving. Not the best weekend to be a fan of the blue and orange.
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (82)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (77)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Report: Clippers, Celtics talks to send Garnett, Rivers to L.A. stalled (72)
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'