Jul 15, 2012, 12:49 PM EST
Well, hey, the good news is that no one drives in New York.
Patch.com out of South Hampton reports that Knicks PG Jason Kidd was arrested early Sunday morning on suspicion of drunk driving.
Details are still emerging, but Southampton Town police confirmed that the basketball star was arrested during the midnight shift.
Kidd, 39, was arraigned on a misdemeanor DWI charge on Sunday morning in Southampton Town Justice Court and released on his own recognizance.
At least no one was hurt.
I’m not going to go down any sort of road of assumptions or conclusions. This happens all the time, and I’m not talking about athletes. This happens every day to normal people who made as simple mistake of thinking they could drive when they couldn’t. It’s a severe mistake, and needs to be dealt with, by Kidd and our society, but getting on a high horse isn’t going to do anyone any good. It just happens to be our standard operating procedure.
But for the Knicks, they may have lost Jeremy Lin and had the new free agent arrested on drunk driving. Not the best weekend to be a fan of the blue and orange.
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 9
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 9
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 45
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 17