Jul 15, 2012, 12:49 PM EDT
Well, hey, the good news is that no one drives in New York.
Patch.com out of South Hampton reports that Knicks PG Jason Kidd was arrested early Sunday morning on suspicion of drunk driving.
Details are still emerging, but Southampton Town police confirmed that the basketball star was arrested during the midnight shift.
Kidd, 39, was arraigned on a misdemeanor DWI charge on Sunday morning in Southampton Town Justice Court and released on his own recognizance.
At least no one was hurt.
I’m not going to go down any sort of road of assumptions or conclusions. This happens all the time, and I’m not talking about athletes. This happens every day to normal people who made as simple mistake of thinking they could drive when they couldn’t. It’s a severe mistake, and needs to be dealt with, by Kidd and our society, but getting on a high horse isn’t going to do anyone any good. It just happens to be our standard operating procedure.
But for the Knicks, they may have lost Jeremy Lin and had the new free agent arrested on drunk driving. Not the best weekend to be a fan of the blue and orange.
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 23
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 38
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 9
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 61
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2