Jul 15, 2012, 12:49 PM EDT
Well, hey, the good news is that no one drives in New York.
Patch.com out of South Hampton reports that Knicks PG Jason Kidd was arrested early Sunday morning on suspicion of drunk driving.
Details are still emerging, but Southampton Town police confirmed that the basketball star was arrested during the midnight shift.
Kidd, 39, was arraigned on a misdemeanor DWI charge on Sunday morning in Southampton Town Justice Court and released on his own recognizance.
At least no one was hurt.
I’m not going to go down any sort of road of assumptions or conclusions. This happens all the time, and I’m not talking about athletes. This happens every day to normal people who made as simple mistake of thinking they could drive when they couldn’t. It’s a severe mistake, and needs to be dealt with, by Kidd and our society, but getting on a high horse isn’t going to do anyone any good. It just happens to be our standard operating procedure.
But for the Knicks, they may have lost Jeremy Lin and had the new free agent arrested on drunk driving. Not the best weekend to be a fan of the blue and orange.
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 11
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 4
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 31
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 21