Jul 15, 2012, 12:49 PM EDT
Well, hey, the good news is that no one drives in New York.
Patch.com out of South Hampton reports that Knicks PG Jason Kidd was arrested early Sunday morning on suspicion of drunk driving.
Details are still emerging, but Southampton Town police confirmed that the basketball star was arrested during the midnight shift.
Kidd, 39, was arraigned on a misdemeanor DWI charge on Sunday morning in Southampton Town Justice Court and released on his own recognizance.
At least no one was hurt.
I’m not going to go down any sort of road of assumptions or conclusions. This happens all the time, and I’m not talking about athletes. This happens every day to normal people who made as simple mistake of thinking they could drive when they couldn’t. It’s a severe mistake, and needs to be dealt with, by Kidd and our society, but getting on a high horse isn’t going to do anyone any good. It just happens to be our standard operating procedure.
But for the Knicks, they may have lost Jeremy Lin and had the new free agent arrested on drunk driving. Not the best weekend to be a fan of the blue and orange.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 5
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4