Jul 14, 2012, 7:27 PM EDT
LAS VEGAS — J.R. Smith’s time playing in China during the lockout was… eventful. We’ll be kind and call it eventful.
So, sure, he’d go back. He was at NBA Summer League Saturday and talked about it his time in China.
“It was a humbling experience, Smith said. “It was definitely a culture shock, even basketball is different over there. But it was an interesting time, it was fun.
“Hopefully I’ll do it again some time, maybe at the end of my career.”
Okay. We’ll see if he is invited back.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 3
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 20
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49