Jul 13, 2012, 11:12 AM EDT
That is classic.
Kyrie Irving challenges Kobe Bryant to a 1-on-1 game for $50K (with talk of a charity involved at one point) and then the trash talk ensues. Just stick with the video, get past the agreement and watch Kobe just be Kobe. Revel in his Kobeness. This is the new gunslinger in town challenging the current champ.
Irving tells Kobe “You’re not going to lock me up.” Kobe responds saying he’ll need a pick to get Kobe off him. And Kobe calls him “sonny.”
Kobe Bryant can drop 50 large like you can drop money on a Diet Coke, and while is not poor it’s still a chunk of change for him.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 27
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18