Jul 13, 2012, 11:12 AM EDT
That is classic.
Kyrie Irving challenges Kobe Bryant to a 1-on-1 game for $50K (with talk of a charity involved at one point) and then the trash talk ensues. Just stick with the video, get past the agreement and watch Kobe just be Kobe. Revel in his Kobeness. This is the new gunslinger in town challenging the current champ.
Irving tells Kobe “You’re not going to lock me up.” Kobe responds saying he’ll need a pick to get Kobe off him. And Kobe calls him “sonny.”
Kobe Bryant can drop 50 large like you can drop money on a Diet Coke, and while is not poor it’s still a chunk of change for him.
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 6
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 10
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 18
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 6
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 90