Jul 13, 2012, 8:47 AM EST
They are going to be teammates again next season as the Spurs have re-signed Diaw to a two-year, $9.2 million contract, reports the San Antonio Express-News (and pretty much everyone else).
This is both expected and a good fit. Diaw struggled when he was out of shape and unhappy in Charlotte at the start of last season, but he was a better fit in San Antonio where coach Greg Popovich loves versatile players that can play multiple positions.
Popovich went to him a lot on the playoffs, Diaw played nearly 25 minutes a game in the post-season. He averaged 6.2 points per game on 50 percent shooting, and he did that from within the system.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30