Jul 13, 2012, 8:47 AM EDT
They are going to be teammates again next season as the Spurs have re-signed Diaw to a two-year, $9.2 million contract, reports the San Antonio Express-News (and pretty much everyone else).
This is both expected and a good fit. Diaw struggled when he was out of shape and unhappy in Charlotte at the start of last season, but he was a better fit in San Antonio where coach Greg Popovich loves versatile players that can play multiple positions.
Popovich went to him a lot on the playoffs, Diaw played nearly 25 minutes a game in the post-season. He averaged 6.2 points per game on 50 percent shooting, and he did that from within the system.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 1
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 15
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 16
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 46