Jul 13, 2012, 8:47 AM EST
They are going to be teammates again next season as the Spurs have re-signed Diaw to a two-year, $9.2 million contract, reports the San Antonio Express-News (and pretty much everyone else).
This is both expected and a good fit. Diaw struggled when he was out of shape and unhappy in Charlotte at the start of last season, but he was a better fit in San Antonio where coach Greg Popovich loves versatile players that can play multiple positions.
Popovich went to him a lot on the playoffs, Diaw played nearly 25 minutes a game in the post-season. He averaged 6.2 points per game on 50 percent shooting, and he did that from within the system.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 30
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10