Jul 13, 2012, 8:47 AM EDT
They are going to be teammates again next season as the Spurs have re-signed Diaw to a two-year, $9.2 million contract, reports the San Antonio Express-News (and pretty much everyone else).
This is both expected and a good fit. Diaw struggled when he was out of shape and unhappy in Charlotte at the start of last season, but he was a better fit in San Antonio where coach Greg Popovich loves versatile players that can play multiple positions.
Popovich went to him a lot on the playoffs, Diaw played nearly 25 minutes a game in the post-season. He averaged 6.2 points per game on 50 percent shooting, and he did that from within the system.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 3
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 19
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49