Jul 13, 2012, 8:47 AM EDT
They are going to be teammates again next season as the Spurs have re-signed Diaw to a two-year, $9.2 million contract, reports the San Antonio Express-News (and pretty much everyone else).
This is both expected and a good fit. Diaw struggled when he was out of shape and unhappy in Charlotte at the start of last season, but he was a better fit in San Antonio where coach Greg Popovich loves versatile players that can play multiple positions.
Popovich went to him a lot on the playoffs, Diaw played nearly 25 minutes a game in the post-season. He averaged 6.2 points per game on 50 percent shooting, and he did that from within the system.
- Report: Tracy McGrady works out with Kobe, eyes return to NBA 0
- Report: Washington Wizards contact Ray Allen, too 4
- Hornets rookie Noah Vonleh out 6-8 weeks after sports hernia surgery 14
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 9
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 11
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 5
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14