Jul 13, 2012, 1:47 PM EDT
Xavier Silas, the former Northern Illinois star who was added to the Sixers Orlando Summer League roster, has reportedly suffered a pretty serious head injury in the final game in that league.
Sixers Xavier Silas with a significant head injury here in Orlando. Possible skull fracture is the worry
Levy says Silas was defending the Piston’s Casper Ware on Ware’s drive when a center came over to block the shot and all of them fell into the first row of chairs.
Xavier is the son of former NBA player James Silas. The younger Silas is an undrafted shooting guard who played in Europe and the D-League during the lockout, plus got a 10-day contract with the Sixers at the end of the season and played in two games for Philly.
Our thoughts are with him and his family. Hopefully this is not as serious as feared.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 29
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 31
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18