Jul 13, 2012, 1:47 PM EDT
Xavier Silas, the former Northern Illinois star who was added to the Sixers Orlando Summer League roster, has reportedly suffered a pretty serious head injury in the final game in that league.
Sixers Xavier Silas with a significant head injury here in Orlando. Possible skull fracture is the worry
Levy says Silas was defending the Piston’s Casper Ware on Ware’s drive when a center came over to block the shot and all of them fell into the first row of chairs.
Xavier is the son of former NBA player James Silas. The younger Silas is an undrafted shooting guard who played in Europe and the D-League during the lockout, plus got a 10-day contract with the Sixers at the end of the season and played in two games for Philly.
Our thoughts are with him and his family. Hopefully this is not as serious as feared.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 16
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 6
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 32
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 24
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2