Jul 13, 2012, 1:47 PM EDT
Xavier Silas, the former Northern Illinois star who was added to the Sixers Orlando Summer League roster, has reportedly suffered a pretty serious head injury in the final game in that league.
Sixers Xavier Silas with a significant head injury here in Orlando. Possible skull fracture is the worry
Levy says Silas was defending the Piston’s Casper Ware on Ware’s drive when a center came over to block the shot and all of them fell into the first row of chairs.
Xavier is the son of former NBA player James Silas. The younger Silas is an undrafted shooting guard who played in Europe and the D-League during the lockout, plus got a 10-day contract with the Sixers at the end of the season and played in two games for Philly.
Our thoughts are with him and his family. Hopefully this is not as serious as feared.
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 18
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 30
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19
- John Calipari says he was not close to going to Cleveland. LeBron or not. 12
- Report: Shawn Marion commits to play with Cavaliers, LeBron James 47