Jul 13, 2012, 1:47 PM EDT
Xavier Silas, the former Northern Illinois star who was added to the Sixers Orlando Summer League roster, has reportedly suffered a pretty serious head injury in the final game in that league.
Sixers Xavier Silas with a significant head injury here in Orlando. Possible skull fracture is the worry
Levy says Silas was defending the Piston’s Casper Ware on Ware’s drive when a center came over to block the shot and all of them fell into the first row of chairs.
Xavier is the son of former NBA player James Silas. The younger Silas is an undrafted shooting guard who played in Europe and the D-League during the lockout, plus got a 10-day contract with the Sixers at the end of the season and played in two games for Philly.
Our thoughts are with him and his family. Hopefully this is not as serious as feared.
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 35
- Deron Williams fires back at Kobe: “If I’m 0-for-f******-9, I’m not shooting 20 more shots” 43
- LeBron James on running the Cavaliers offense: ‘This is Kyrie’s show’ 28
- Tim Duncan on decision to opt in for final year of his contract: ‘There was some hesitation there’ 20