Jul 13, 2012, 1:47 PM EST
Xavier Silas, the former Northern Illinois star who was added to the Sixers Orlando Summer League roster, has reportedly suffered a pretty serious head injury in the final game in that league.
Sixers Xavier Silas with a significant head injury here in Orlando. Possible skull fracture is the worry
Levy says Silas was defending the Piston’s Casper Ware on Ware’s drive when a center came over to block the shot and all of them fell into the first row of chairs.
Xavier is the son of former NBA player James Silas. The younger Silas is an undrafted shooting guard who played in Europe and the D-League during the lockout, plus got a 10-day contract with the Sixers at the end of the season and played in two games for Philly.
Our thoughts are with him and his family. Hopefully this is not as serious as feared.
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 0
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 12
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 24
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 5
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 7
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 3