Jul 13, 2012, 2:06 PM EDT
Philadelphia cake shops, you’ve been warned.
The Philadelphia 76ers have reached a two-year, $6 million deal to bring in Kwame Brown, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports and the NBC Sports Network. The second year is a player option. There is no chance Brown doesn’t pick up that option.
Philly fans and bloggers are going to have fun with this. Taking shots at the former No. 1 overall pick, the guy yelled at by Jordan and who frustrated Kobe Bryant, is as challenging as mocking the Twilight movies. It’s barely worth the effort.
The thing is, at that price Brown is not a terrible backup big man. He’ll frustrate Doug Collins with his defensive rotations (or lack thereof), he will fumble passes out of bounds, but he will also play solid man defense on the block and grab a few rebounds. If you compare him to expectations he is a bust. But if he had been a late first round or second round pick, he’d be another nondescript NBA journeyman.
Which is what he is now.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 1
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 0
- Dwight Howard’s drivers’ license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 8
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 48
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29