Jul 13, 2012, 2:06 PM EST
Philadelphia cake shops, you’ve been warned.
The Philadelphia 76ers have reached a two-year, $6 million deal to bring in Kwame Brown, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports and the NBC Sports Network. The second year is a player option. There is no chance Brown doesn’t pick up that option.
Philly fans and bloggers are going to have fun with this. Taking shots at the former No. 1 overall pick, the guy yelled at by Jordan and who frustrated Kobe Bryant, is as challenging as mocking the Twilight movies. It’s barely worth the effort.
The thing is, at that price Brown is not a terrible backup big man. He’ll frustrate Doug Collins with his defensive rotations (or lack thereof), he will fumble passes out of bounds, but he will also play solid man defense on the block and grab a few rebounds. If you compare him to expectations he is a bust. But if he had been a late first round or second round pick, he’d be another nondescript NBA journeyman.
Which is what he is now.
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 0
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 4
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 1
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 20
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 13
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (39)