Jul 13, 2012, 2:48 PM EDT
Memphis could use a backup guard. Minnesota has a lot of them.
The Grizzlies have engaged the Minnesota Timberwolves in trade talks in hopes of acquiring one of three guards, according to a source with knowledge of the discussions.
Memphis has interest in Wayne Ellington, Wesley Johnson or Martell Webster – each of whom have reportedly been made available. Ellington likely is the Grizzlies’ main target because of his salary. The 6-4 guard will earn a little more than $2 million this season. Johnson will make $4.2 million and Webster’s deal is for $5.7 million.
The bait is likely Dante Cunningham.
Just something to watch for while checking the results of Summer League games.
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 4
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 23
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 29
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 34
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17