Jul 13, 2012, 2:48 PM EDT
Memphis could use a backup guard. Minnesota has a lot of them.
The Grizzlies have engaged the Minnesota Timberwolves in trade talks in hopes of acquiring one of three guards, according to a source with knowledge of the discussions.
Memphis has interest in Wayne Ellington, Wesley Johnson or Martell Webster – each of whom have reportedly been made available. Ellington likely is the Grizzlies’ main target because of his salary. The 6-4 guard will earn a little more than $2 million this season. Johnson will make $4.2 million and Webster’s deal is for $5.7 million.
The bait is likely Dante Cunningham.
Just something to watch for while checking the results of Summer League games.
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 0
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 18
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48