Jul 13, 2012, 2:48 PM EDT
Memphis could use a backup guard. Minnesota has a lot of them.
The Grizzlies have engaged the Minnesota Timberwolves in trade talks in hopes of acquiring one of three guards, according to a source with knowledge of the discussions.
Memphis has interest in Wayne Ellington, Wesley Johnson or Martell Webster – each of whom have reportedly been made available. Ellington likely is the Grizzlies’ main target because of his salary. The 6-4 guard will earn a little more than $2 million this season. Johnson will make $4.2 million and Webster’s deal is for $5.7 million.
The bait is likely Dante Cunningham.
Just something to watch for while checking the results of Summer League games.
- Warriors take Game 1 from Clippers 0
- Nets defense smothers Raptors, gets Brooklyn Game 1 win on road 27
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 5
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 28