Jul 13, 2012, 10:33 AM EDT
“They probably could (beat us). I haven’t played in 20 years and we’re all old now.”
—Larry Bird, the Hall of Fame player and Dream Team member, on whether the 2012 USA Olympic Team could beat his Dream Team.
Probably the smartest thing anyone has said about this “rivalry.” It’s time to move on.
Thanks to the Pacers for the quote.
- Brothers allege entourage of Damian Lillard beat them for taking his picture 7
- Amar’e Stoudemire still thinks Knicks’ front court trio can work 15
- Report: Dwight Howard not going to Clippers… did we need a report for that? 16
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” 51
- Spurs shut down Zach Randolph in Western Conference Finals’ first major strategic move 2
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (105)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (86)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Live Extra: Watch Blackhawks-Red Wings Game 3
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Dickey goes 8, beats Rays for 2nd straight win
- PST: Mourinho officially leaving Real Madrid
- PHT: Stalberg returns to Hawks' lineup for Game 3
- PHT: Hawks look to boost intensity vs. Wings
- PFT: Brady says he's 'never felt better' throwing the ball
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay