Jul 13, 2012, 10:33 AM EDT
“They probably could (beat us). I haven’t played in 20 years and we’re all old now.”
—Larry Bird, the Hall of Fame player and Dream Team member, on whether the 2012 USA Olympic Team could beat his Dream Team.
Probably the smartest thing anyone has said about this “rivalry.” It’s time to move on.
Thanks to the Pacers for the quote.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 8
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 43
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 55
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 86
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13