Jul 13, 2012, 10:33 AM EDT
“They probably could (beat us). I haven’t played in 20 years and we’re all old now.”
—Larry Bird, the Hall of Fame player and Dream Team member, on whether the 2012 USA Olympic Team could beat his Dream Team.
Probably the smartest thing anyone has said about this “rivalry.” It’s time to move on.
Thanks to the Pacers for the quote.
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 0
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 8
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7