Jul 13, 2012, 10:33 AM EDT
“They probably could (beat us). I haven’t played in 20 years and we’re all old now.”
—Larry Bird, the Hall of Fame player and Dream Team member, on whether the 2012 USA Olympic Team could beat his Dream Team.
Probably the smartest thing anyone has said about this “rivalry.” It’s time to move on.
Thanks to the Pacers for the quote.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 20
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 67
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8