Jul 13, 2012, 9:25 PM EST
Minnesota continues to clear out some cap space, making plenty of room for Nicolas Batum to sign a four-year, $46 million offer sheet (something he cannot do until Sunday, despite other reports out there). Then the Blazers will match it because they want to keep him and have been very clear about it from Day 1. But the Wolves are dragging this out in hopes that Portland will relent and do a sign and trade. Which is going to happen right after my date with Kate Hudson.
But I digress, the Wolves are making moves.
They have waived Martell Webster on Friday, clearing $5.7 million off their cap. Webster never panned out to be the player the Blazers hoped for, and last year’s 6.9 points per game on 42 percent shooting was underwhelming. That said, someone will sign him as a free agent to be a backup guard.
Minnesota also traded Brad Miller to the New Orleans Hornets for a couple future second round draft picks. Miller is likely to retire anyway.
Batum cannot sign his offer sheet until after Webster clears waivers at 5 p.m. Sunday.
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 4
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 5
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9