Jul 13, 2012, 1:21 AM EDT
LAS VEGAS — Did you really expect Kobe Bryant would back down from anyone or anything?
Remember Kobe said he thought this year’s Team USA could beat the Dream Team. Which stirred plenty of debate.
After the USA beat the Dominican Republic like they were the freshman team on Thursday night, Kobe was asked about the reaction of Michael Jordan who said he laughed at the idea.
“So what? He knows I’m a bad mother-f—–,” Bryant said. “I’m not really tripping….
“They have (Patrick) Ewing and (David) Robinson and those big guys. It’s tough. If you’re asking me, ‘Can you beat them one game?’ Hell yeah, we can beat them one game.
“You didn’t ask me if we could beat them in a seven-game series. In one game, we can beat them. No question about it.”
“What do want me to say? That we would lose?”
“Doesn’t matter how much we debate about it, it’s never going to happen. “
Which is what makes it fun to debate — we will never have a definitive answer.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 11
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43