Jul 13, 2012, 1:21 AM EDT
LAS VEGAS — Did you really expect Kobe Bryant would back down from anyone or anything?
Remember Kobe said he thought this year’s Team USA could beat the Dream Team. Which stirred plenty of debate.
After the USA beat the Dominican Republic like they were the freshman team on Thursday night, Kobe was asked about the reaction of Michael Jordan who said he laughed at the idea.
“So what? He knows I’m a bad mother-f—–,” Bryant said. “I’m not really tripping….
“They have (Patrick) Ewing and (David) Robinson and those big guys. It’s tough. If you’re asking me, ‘Can you beat them one game?’ Hell yeah, we can beat them one game.
“You didn’t ask me if we could beat them in a seven-game series. In one game, we can beat them. No question about it.”
“What do want me to say? That we would lose?”
“Doesn’t matter how much we debate about it, it’s never going to happen. “
Which is what makes it fun to debate — we will never have a definitive answer.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 0
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 40
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 53
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16