Jul 13, 2012, 1:21 AM EDT
LAS VEGAS — Did you really expect Kobe Bryant would back down from anyone or anything?
Remember Kobe said he thought this year’s Team USA could beat the Dream Team. Which stirred plenty of debate.
After the USA beat the Dominican Republic like they were the freshman team on Thursday night, Kobe was asked about the reaction of Michael Jordan who said he laughed at the idea.
“So what? He knows I’m a bad mother-f—–,” Bryant said. “I’m not really tripping….
“They have (Patrick) Ewing and (David) Robinson and those big guys. It’s tough. If you’re asking me, ‘Can you beat them one game?’ Hell yeah, we can beat them one game.
“You didn’t ask me if we could beat them in a seven-game series. In one game, we can beat them. No question about it.”
“What do want me to say? That we would lose?”
“Doesn’t matter how much we debate about it, it’s never going to happen. “
Which is what makes it fun to debate — we will never have a definitive answer.
- Cavs GM: It’s “highly unlikely” Kevin Love returns at all in playoffs, even if Cavs make Finals 0
- No Kevin Love, no J.R. Smith to start, how much trouble is Cleveland in? 2
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 4
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 9
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 25
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2