Jul 13, 2012, 1:21 AM EDT
LAS VEGAS — Did you really expect Kobe Bryant would back down from anyone or anything?
Remember Kobe said he thought this year’s Team USA could beat the Dream Team. Which stirred plenty of debate.
After the USA beat the Dominican Republic like they were the freshman team on Thursday night, Kobe was asked about the reaction of Michael Jordan who said he laughed at the idea.
“So what? He knows I’m a bad mother-f—–,” Bryant said. “I’m not really tripping….
“They have (Patrick) Ewing and (David) Robinson and those big guys. It’s tough. If you’re asking me, ‘Can you beat them one game?’ Hell yeah, we can beat them one game.
“You didn’t ask me if we could beat them in a seven-game series. In one game, we can beat them. No question about it.”
“What do want me to say? That we would lose?”
“Doesn’t matter how much we debate about it, it’s never going to happen. “
Which is what makes it fun to debate — we will never have a definitive answer.
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 2
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 26
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 21
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6