Jul 13, 2012, 1:21 AM EDT
LAS VEGAS — Did you really expect Kobe Bryant would back down from anyone or anything?
Remember Kobe said he thought this year’s Team USA could beat the Dream Team. Which stirred plenty of debate.
After the USA beat the Dominican Republic like they were the freshman team on Thursday night, Kobe was asked about the reaction of Michael Jordan who said he laughed at the idea.
“So what? He knows I’m a bad mother-f—–,” Bryant said. “I’m not really tripping….
“They have (Patrick) Ewing and (David) Robinson and those big guys. It’s tough. If you’re asking me, ‘Can you beat them one game?’ Hell yeah, we can beat them one game.
“You didn’t ask me if we could beat them in a seven-game series. In one game, we can beat them. No question about it.”
“What do want me to say? That we would lose?”
“Doesn’t matter how much we debate about it, it’s never going to happen. “
Which is what makes it fun to debate — we will never have a definitive answer.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 41
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 5
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5