Jul 13, 2012, 4:57 PM EDT
This was expected. The Celtics wanted Chris Wilcox back, he wanted to come back.
So it’s a done deal. The two sides reach an agreement Friday, reports A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
“I definitely feel I have some unfinished business,” Wilcox told CSNNE.com shortly before agreeing to re-join the Celtics.
In a phone interview with CSNNE.com, Wilcox said he was, “excited to be back.”
Wilcox missed the end of last season after having to have heart surgery. Prior to stepping away Wilcox had given the Celtics a solid 17 minutes a night, with 5.4 points and 4.4 rebounds.
The Celtics have a deep frontcourt now to help keep Kevin Garnett’s minutes down — Wilcox, Jared Sullinger (who impressed at Orlando Summer League), Fab Melo and starter Brandon Bass. If you’re going small you can run Jeff Green at the four, but I don’t recommend it (his numbers drop off fast).
- Dwight Howard’s drivers’ license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 0
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 47
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16