Jul 13, 2012, 4:57 PM EDT
This was expected. The Celtics wanted Chris Wilcox back, he wanted to come back.
So it’s a done deal. The two sides reach an agreement Friday, reports A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
“I definitely feel I have some unfinished business,” Wilcox told CSNNE.com shortly before agreeing to re-join the Celtics.
In a phone interview with CSNNE.com, Wilcox said he was, “excited to be back.”
Wilcox missed the end of last season after having to have heart surgery. Prior to stepping away Wilcox had given the Celtics a solid 17 minutes a night, with 5.4 points and 4.4 rebounds.
The Celtics have a deep frontcourt now to help keep Kevin Garnett’s minutes down — Wilcox, Jared Sullinger (who impressed at Orlando Summer League), Fab Melo and starter Brandon Bass. If you’re going small you can run Jeff Green at the four, but I don’t recommend it (his numbers drop off fast).
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 12
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 24
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 65
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 23
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 10
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 50
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65