Jul 13, 2012, 4:57 PM EDT
This was expected. The Celtics wanted Chris Wilcox back, he wanted to come back.
So it’s a done deal. The two sides reach an agreement Friday, reports A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
“I definitely feel I have some unfinished business,” Wilcox told CSNNE.com shortly before agreeing to re-join the Celtics.
In a phone interview with CSNNE.com, Wilcox said he was, “excited to be back.”
Wilcox missed the end of last season after having to have heart surgery. Prior to stepping away Wilcox had given the Celtics a solid 17 minutes a night, with 5.4 points and 4.4 rebounds.
The Celtics have a deep frontcourt now to help keep Kevin Garnett’s minutes down — Wilcox, Jared Sullinger (who impressed at Orlando Summer League), Fab Melo and starter Brandon Bass. If you’re going small you can run Jeff Green at the four, but I don’t recommend it (his numbers drop off fast).
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (92)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (62)
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- Live Extra: Watch Game 3 between Sharks, Kings
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay