Jul 13, 2012, 4:57 PM EST
This was expected. The Celtics wanted Chris Wilcox back, he wanted to come back.
So it’s a done deal. The two sides reach an agreement Friday, reports A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
“I definitely feel I have some unfinished business,” Wilcox told CSNNE.com shortly before agreeing to re-join the Celtics.
In a phone interview with CSNNE.com, Wilcox said he was, “excited to be back.”
Wilcox missed the end of last season after having to have heart surgery. Prior to stepping away Wilcox had given the Celtics a solid 17 minutes a night, with 5.4 points and 4.4 rebounds.
The Celtics have a deep frontcourt now to help keep Kevin Garnett’s minutes down — Wilcox, Jared Sullinger (who impressed at Orlando Summer League), Fab Melo and starter Brandon Bass. If you’re going small you can run Jeff Green at the four, but I don’t recommend it (his numbers drop off fast).
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11