Jul 13, 2012, 4:57 PM EDT
This was expected. The Celtics wanted Chris Wilcox back, he wanted to come back.
So it’s a done deal. The two sides reach an agreement Friday, reports A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
“I definitely feel I have some unfinished business,” Wilcox told CSNNE.com shortly before agreeing to re-join the Celtics.
In a phone interview with CSNNE.com, Wilcox said he was, “excited to be back.”
Wilcox missed the end of last season after having to have heart surgery. Prior to stepping away Wilcox had given the Celtics a solid 17 minutes a night, with 5.4 points and 4.4 rebounds.
The Celtics have a deep frontcourt now to help keep Kevin Garnett’s minutes down — Wilcox, Jared Sullinger (who impressed at Orlando Summer League), Fab Melo and starter Brandon Bass. If you’re going small you can run Jeff Green at the four, but I don’t recommend it (his numbers drop off fast).
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 0
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 39
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 12
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13