Jul 12, 2012, 4:46 PM EST
That was over before it started.
Which is good, because Paul Allen and Jerry Sloan? Train wreck.
Jerry Sloan interviewed for the Trail Blazers open head coaching position but has decided to pull out, reports Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida.
Jerry Sloan on Portland: “I talked to them yesterday. But it just didn’t work out on my part’ Sloan didn’t want give reason why pulled out
It’s the second interview Sloan has had for an NBA head position that he has pulled out because not right situation. Charlotte one before.
Sloan has said he wants to get back into coaching but it is going to have to be the right situation for the old-school coach. You can ask Deron Williams, not all current players love playing for him. But he will bring discipline and defense to the right team.
But Portland would not have been it.
- Thursday night NBA grades: Any more questions for LaMarcus Aldridge? Didn’t think so. 0
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 9
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 20
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 4
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 35
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (63)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)