Jul 12, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
That was over before it started.
Which is good, because Paul Allen and Jerry Sloan? Train wreck.
Jerry Sloan interviewed for the Trail Blazers open head coaching position but has decided to pull out, reports Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida.
Jerry Sloan on Portland: “I talked to them yesterday. But it just didn’t work out on my part’ Sloan didn’t want give reason why pulled out
It’s the second interview Sloan has had for an NBA head position that he has pulled out because not right situation. Charlotte one before.
Sloan has said he wants to get back into coaching but it is going to have to be the right situation for the old-school coach. You can ask Deron Williams, not all current players love playing for him. But he will bring discipline and defense to the right team.
But Portland would not have been it.
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 22
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 34
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 26
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 15
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 56
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12