Jul 12, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
That was over before it started.
Which is good, because Paul Allen and Jerry Sloan? Train wreck.
Jerry Sloan interviewed for the Trail Blazers open head coaching position but has decided to pull out, reports Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida.
Jerry Sloan on Portland: “I talked to them yesterday. But it just didn’t work out on my part’ Sloan didn’t want give reason why pulled out
It’s the second interview Sloan has had for an NBA head position that he has pulled out because not right situation. Charlotte one before.
Sloan has said he wants to get back into coaching but it is going to have to be the right situation for the old-school coach. You can ask Deron Williams, not all current players love playing for him. But he will bring discipline and defense to the right team.
But Portland would not have been it.
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 0
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10