Jul 12, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
That was over before it started.
Which is good, because Paul Allen and Jerry Sloan? Train wreck.
Jerry Sloan interviewed for the Trail Blazers open head coaching position but has decided to pull out, reports Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida.
Jerry Sloan on Portland: “I talked to them yesterday. But it just didn’t work out on my part’ Sloan didn’t want give reason why pulled out
It’s the second interview Sloan has had for an NBA head position that he has pulled out because not right situation. Charlotte one before.
Sloan has said he wants to get back into coaching but it is going to have to be the right situation for the old-school coach. You can ask Deron Williams, not all current players love playing for him. But he will bring discipline and defense to the right team.
But Portland would not have been it.
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 2
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 1
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 4
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 24
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1