Jul 12, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
That was over before it started.
Which is good, because Paul Allen and Jerry Sloan? Train wreck.
Jerry Sloan interviewed for the Trail Blazers open head coaching position but has decided to pull out, reports Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida.
Jerry Sloan on Portland: “I talked to them yesterday. But it just didn’t work out on my part’ Sloan didn’t want give reason why pulled out
It’s the second interview Sloan has had for an NBA head position that he has pulled out because not right situation. Charlotte one before.
Sloan has said he wants to get back into coaching but it is going to have to be the right situation for the old-school coach. You can ask Deron Williams, not all current players love playing for him. But he will bring discipline and defense to the right team.
But Portland would not have been it.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 2
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 2
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15