Jul 12, 2012, 9:49 AM EDT
Anyone surprised that the Nets’ house of cards trade efforts to land Dwight Howard fell apart wasn’t watching closely the past year.
Yes, it got closer this time around, but it took two other teams and 11 players — many on sign-and-trade deals — all to agree just to get it that close. It was a complex deal, and complex deals often fall apart. But because the Magic don’t want what the Nets are offering straight up it took the elaborate construction just to get in the ballpark of a trade.
Now that it’s over, the Nets are figuring out what to do with the pieces they have. They signed Brook Lopez to a max extension. They are discussing Kris Humphries (but he likely moves on). And then there is this note from Sam Amico at Fox Sports Ohio.
The Nets are also said to be aggressively shopping second-year guard MarShon Brooks.
Brooks showed he could play a little as a rookie, scoring 12.3 points per game. But he only shot 42.8 percent and was below average from three — he broke out of the offense and was not an efficient scorer. Like a lot of rookies, he’s still trying to fit his talent into the NBA game.
But he’s going to be a nice player when he does. More than a few teams might be interested in him.
- Dwyane Wade grants wish, shows up at girl’s senior prom 2
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson 31
- Report: Vinny Del Negro to meet with Clippers’ owner Donald Sterling this weekend 3
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose 32
- George Hill injury jeopardizes Pacers’ identity 1
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay