Jul 12, 2012, 9:49 AM EDT
Anyone surprised that the Nets’ house of cards trade efforts to land Dwight Howard fell apart wasn’t watching closely the past year.
Yes, it got closer this time around, but it took two other teams and 11 players — many on sign-and-trade deals — all to agree just to get it that close. It was a complex deal, and complex deals often fall apart. But because the Magic don’t want what the Nets are offering straight up it took the elaborate construction just to get in the ballpark of a trade.
Now that it’s over, the Nets are figuring out what to do with the pieces they have. They signed Brook Lopez to a max extension. They are discussing Kris Humphries (but he likely moves on). And then there is this note from Sam Amico at Fox Sports Ohio.
The Nets are also said to be aggressively shopping second-year guard MarShon Brooks.
Brooks showed he could play a little as a rookie, scoring 12.3 points per game. But he only shot 42.8 percent and was below average from three — he broke out of the offense and was not an efficient scorer. Like a lot of rookies, he’s still trying to fit his talent into the NBA game.
But he’s going to be a nice player when he does. More than a few teams might be interested in him.
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 2
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 4
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 7
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 15
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 9
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31