Jul 12, 2012, 10:07 PM EDT
Enter Marco Belinelli.
The Hornets free agent is being courted by the Clippers, according to the Times-Picayune.
The Los Angeles Clippers have had conversations with the New Orleans Hornets about a possible sign-and-trade deal involving unrestricted free agent shooting guard Marco Belinelli.
The Clippers are apparently willing to part ways with seven-year veteran power forward Ryan Gomes and a second-round pick in exchange for Belinelli, but sources say the Hornets don’t appear to be interested because of Gomes’ $4 million salary, although he would be in the final year of his deal this upcoming season.
Hornets’ coach Monty Williams speaks very highly of Belinelli, really likes how he fit into what Williams was trying to establish. And he is a career 39 percent three-point shooter.
I can see why the Clippers want him, it’s a nice fit depending on the price. And Hornets, don’t hate on Gomes. Good guy. Solid player.
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 9
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7