Jul 12, 2012, 10:07 PM EST
Enter Marco Belinelli.
The Hornets free agent is being courted by the Clippers, according to the Times-Picayune.
The Los Angeles Clippers have had conversations with the New Orleans Hornets about a possible sign-and-trade deal involving unrestricted free agent shooting guard Marco Belinelli.
The Clippers are apparently willing to part ways with seven-year veteran power forward Ryan Gomes and a second-round pick in exchange for Belinelli, but sources say the Hornets don’t appear to be interested because of Gomes’ $4 million salary, although he would be in the final year of his deal this upcoming season.
Hornets’ coach Monty Williams speaks very highly of Belinelli, really likes how he fit into what Williams was trying to establish. And he is a career 39 percent three-point shooter.
I can see why the Clippers want him, it’s a nice fit depending on the price. And Hornets, don’t hate on Gomes. Good guy. Solid player.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 0
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 33
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 5
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 17
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 15
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 25
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11