Jul 12, 2012, 10:07 PM EST
Enter Marco Belinelli.
The Hornets free agent is being courted by the Clippers, according to the Times-Picayune.
The Los Angeles Clippers have had conversations with the New Orleans Hornets about a possible sign-and-trade deal involving unrestricted free agent shooting guard Marco Belinelli.
The Clippers are apparently willing to part ways with seven-year veteran power forward Ryan Gomes and a second-round pick in exchange for Belinelli, but sources say the Hornets don’t appear to be interested because of Gomes’ $4 million salary, although he would be in the final year of his deal this upcoming season.
Hornets’ coach Monty Williams speaks very highly of Belinelli, really likes how he fit into what Williams was trying to establish. And he is a career 39 percent three-point shooter.
I can see why the Clippers want him, it’s a nice fit depending on the price. And Hornets, don’t hate on Gomes. Good guy. Solid player.
- Spurs will rest Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili in nationally televised game, Tony Parker also out 20
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee 55
- Chicago columnist hammers Derrick Rose as no longer humble star 32
- Reports: Houston Rockets pull out of Asik trade talks, will keep him for now 37
- Report: Michael Jordan’s wife pregnant with twin girls 9
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee (55)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (49)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (48)
- LeBron angrily goes after Mario Chalmers on the Heat bench (VIDEO) (42)