Jul 12, 2012, 10:07 PM EDT
Enter Marco Belinelli.
The Hornets free agent is being courted by the Clippers, according to the Times-Picayune.
The Los Angeles Clippers have had conversations with the New Orleans Hornets about a possible sign-and-trade deal involving unrestricted free agent shooting guard Marco Belinelli.
The Clippers are apparently willing to part ways with seven-year veteran power forward Ryan Gomes and a second-round pick in exchange for Belinelli, but sources say the Hornets don’t appear to be interested because of Gomes’ $4 million salary, although he would be in the final year of his deal this upcoming season.
Hornets’ coach Monty Williams speaks very highly of Belinelli, really likes how he fit into what Williams was trying to establish. And he is a career 39 percent three-point shooter.
I can see why the Clippers want him, it’s a nice fit depending on the price. And Hornets, don’t hate on Gomes. Good guy. Solid player.
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 49
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 46
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 20
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 17
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 7