Jul 12, 2012, 10:07 PM EDT
Enter Marco Belinelli.
The Hornets free agent is being courted by the Clippers, according to the Times-Picayune.
The Los Angeles Clippers have had conversations with the New Orleans Hornets about a possible sign-and-trade deal involving unrestricted free agent shooting guard Marco Belinelli.
The Clippers are apparently willing to part ways with seven-year veteran power forward Ryan Gomes and a second-round pick in exchange for Belinelli, but sources say the Hornets don’t appear to be interested because of Gomes’ $4 million salary, although he would be in the final year of his deal this upcoming season.
Hornets’ coach Monty Williams speaks very highly of Belinelli, really likes how he fit into what Williams was trying to establish. And he is a career 39 percent three-point shooter.
I can see why the Clippers want him, it’s a nice fit depending on the price. And Hornets, don’t hate on Gomes. Good guy. Solid player.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 0
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 2
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 47
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20