Jul 12, 2012, 10:29 AM EST
The Bobcats have some holes to fill on their roster.
Stop with the joke about 15 holes, it’s too easy. They are trying to build, but in the short term they need to put together a roster that is less embarrassing than the one that rolled out there last season.
So they are targeting a couple of affordable free agents, reports the Charlotte Observer.
Sessions, an unrestricted free agent who finished last season with the Los Angeles Lakers, has drawn interest from the Bobcats, an informed source said. Haywood, a center who grew up in Greensboro and played for North Carolina, will reportedly be waived by the Dallas Mavericks under the NBA’s amnesty clause.
Sessions is drawing interest from other teams including the Rockets. He has options, and right now players with options are not choosing the Bobcats. But the Bobcats are at least making their play.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 30
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10