Jul 11, 2012, 1:16 PM EST
This is why guys come back from things like the Olympics as better players.
Blake Griffin needs to work on his perimeter shot, it’s gotten a little better but it’s not a threat teams have to respect yet. Part of hitting that shot is making sure you have space to get your shot off on the wing. And Carmelo Anthony is one of the best at creating just enough space to get his shot off (he doesn’t fear taking the contested jumper, either).
Interesting little video from Team USA practice of Anthony talking to Griffin about how to do a little step back.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 8: Kobe Bryant returns 2
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Cavaliers shouldn’t hit panic button, may want to locate it 3
- Carmelo Anthony sits out second half vs. Portland with sore knee 5
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 43
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 16
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 16
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 30
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 22