Jul 11, 2012, 1:16 PM EDT
This is why guys come back from things like the Olympics as better players.
Blake Griffin needs to work on his perimeter shot, it’s gotten a little better but it’s not a threat teams have to respect yet. Part of hitting that shot is making sure you have space to get your shot off on the wing. And Carmelo Anthony is one of the best at creating just enough space to get his shot off (he doesn’t fear taking the contested jumper, either).
Interesting little video from Team USA practice of Anthony talking to Griffin about how to do a little step back.
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 16
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 17
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6