Jul 11, 2012, 10:00 PM EDT
This would be a big bet on what could be. It would also make the Pacers the most dunktastic team east of the Clippers.
Pacers are expected to offer Gerald Green a 3-yr, $10 million contract.
While Green is known as a guy who can dunk, he also had has best season last year with the Nets. But he wasn’t exactly special. He averaged 12.9 points on 48 percent shooting with a PER of 15.8. He was solid, and that contract is about right for him if you think he can keep it up.
Green and Paul George on the same team would mean some entertaining finishes at the rim, to say the least.
The Nets had talked to Green about returning, but not with a deal like that.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 27
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 34
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4