Jul 11, 2012, 10:00 PM EDT
This would be a big bet on what could be. It would also make the Pacers the most dunktastic team east of the Clippers.
Pacers are expected to offer Gerald Green a 3-yr, $10 million contract.
While Green is known as a guy who can dunk, he also had has best season last year with the Nets. But he wasn’t exactly special. He averaged 12.9 points on 48 percent shooting with a PER of 15.8. He was solid, and that contract is about right for him if you think he can keep it up.
Green and Paul George on the same team would mean some entertaining finishes at the rim, to say the least.
The Nets had talked to Green about returning, but not with a deal like that.
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 0
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 4
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 12
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 58
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (93)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (81)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (71)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (65)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights