Jul 11, 2012, 10:00 PM EST
This would be a big bet on what could be. It would also make the Pacers the most dunktastic team east of the Clippers.
Pacers are expected to offer Gerald Green a 3-yr, $10 million contract.
While Green is known as a guy who can dunk, he also had has best season last year with the Nets. But he wasn’t exactly special. He averaged 12.9 points on 48 percent shooting with a PER of 15.8. He was solid, and that contract is about right for him if you think he can keep it up.
Green and Paul George on the same team would mean some entertaining finishes at the rim, to say the least.
The Nets had talked to Green about returning, but not with a deal like that.
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 3
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 3
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 13
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 11
- You knew this was coming: Carmelo Anthony denies report he has decided to leave Knicks 26
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Report: Kenyon Martin, Metta World Peace had “heated” argument (35)