Jul 11, 2012, 10:00 PM EDT
This would be a big bet on what could be. It would also make the Pacers the most dunktastic team east of the Clippers.
Pacers are expected to offer Gerald Green a 3-yr, $10 million contract.
While Green is known as a guy who can dunk, he also had has best season last year with the Nets. But he wasn’t exactly special. He averaged 12.9 points on 48 percent shooting with a PER of 15.8. He was solid, and that contract is about right for him if you think he can keep it up.
Green and Paul George on the same team would mean some entertaining finishes at the rim, to say the least.
The Nets had talked to Green about returning, but not with a deal like that.
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 4
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20