Jul 11, 2012, 10:00 PM EDT
This would be a big bet on what could be. It would also make the Pacers the most dunktastic team east of the Clippers.
Pacers are expected to offer Gerald Green a 3-yr, $10 million contract.
While Green is known as a guy who can dunk, he also had has best season last year with the Nets. But he wasn’t exactly special. He averaged 12.9 points on 48 percent shooting with a PER of 15.8. He was solid, and that contract is about right for him if you think he can keep it up.
Green and Paul George on the same team would mean some entertaining finishes at the rim, to say the least.
The Nets had talked to Green about returning, but not with a deal like that.
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 9
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 6