Jul 11, 2012, 1:55 PM EDT
At some point the roulette wheel will stop spinning, the ball will stop bouncing around and find it’s slot, and Dwight Howard is going to get traded. Promise. It’s going to happen someday.
While it feels close, like it could happen today, we’re not there yet.
For now, the Nets have moved back to the front of the line in talks, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports and the NBC Sports Network.
After spending most of Tuesday negotiating with Rockets and Lakers, Orlando has re-engaged Brooklyn today, league sources tell Y! Sports.
The Nets are putting pressure on the Magic to get a deal done on Wednesday, because they need to make a move one way or another with Brook Lopez — he is a free agent and other teams are showing interest in him now that the markets for big men has thinned out. Specifically, the Trail Blazers and Bobcats have reportedly readied offers.
Once the Nets sign Lopez, he cannot be part of a trade (until Dec. 15). The Nets need to move one way or another soon.
Lopez and the Nets have agreed to four max years and are working out the details of the fifth year, Wojnarowski reports. Nets GM Billy King will try to keep Lopez on the hook for most of the day, but if the trade for Howard falls through the Nets will lock up Lopez. At too high a price, but they will have him.
The Magic continue to talk to the Rockets, Lakers and other teams. But the Nets are back at the front of the que.
The Nets just want to get this done one way or another. Which would be good for all of us, we’re ready for this to end.
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 0
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20