Jul 11, 2012, 1:55 PM EDT
At some point the roulette wheel will stop spinning, the ball will stop bouncing around and find it’s slot, and Dwight Howard is going to get traded. Promise. It’s going to happen someday.
While it feels close, like it could happen today, we’re not there yet.
For now, the Nets have moved back to the front of the line in talks, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports and the NBC Sports Network.
After spending most of Tuesday negotiating with Rockets and Lakers, Orlando has re-engaged Brooklyn today, league sources tell Y! Sports.
The Nets are putting pressure on the Magic to get a deal done on Wednesday, because they need to make a move one way or another with Brook Lopez — he is a free agent and other teams are showing interest in him now that the markets for big men has thinned out. Specifically, the Trail Blazers and Bobcats have reportedly readied offers.
Once the Nets sign Lopez, he cannot be part of a trade (until Dec. 15). The Nets need to move one way or another soon.
Lopez and the Nets have agreed to four max years and are working out the details of the fifth year, Wojnarowski reports. Nets GM Billy King will try to keep Lopez on the hook for most of the day, but if the trade for Howard falls through the Nets will lock up Lopez. At too high a price, but they will have him.
The Magic continue to talk to the Rockets, Lakers and other teams. But the Nets are back at the front of the que.
The Nets just want to get this done one way or another. Which would be good for all of us, we’re ready for this to end.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 31
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4