Jul 11, 2012, 8:59 AM EST
He’s not O.J. Mayo, but he’s going to get his chance to fill that role.
Last week the Toronto Raptors cut Jerryd Bayless lose and now the Memphis Grizzlies have stepped up and reached a two-year deal with the guard, reports Marc Stein of ESPN. Terms of the deal were not yet known.
Bayless had his best season as a pro last year, giving the Raptors 11.4 points and 3.8 assists per game with an above average PER of 17.7. He shot 42.3 percent from three and did a lot of damage from there in the Raptors offense, the looks will be different in the Grizzlies system but they could use the long-range help.
Mayo is leaving the Grizzlies as a free agent, although his final landing spot has yet to be determined, a number of teams are still negotiating with him.
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 1
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 15
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 59
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8