Jul 11, 2012, 8:59 AM EDT
He’s not O.J. Mayo, but he’s going to get his chance to fill that role.
Last week the Toronto Raptors cut Jerryd Bayless lose and now the Memphis Grizzlies have stepped up and reached a two-year deal with the guard, reports Marc Stein of ESPN. Terms of the deal were not yet known.
Bayless had his best season as a pro last year, giving the Raptors 11.4 points and 3.8 assists per game with an above average PER of 17.7. He shot 42.3 percent from three and did a lot of damage from there in the Raptors offense, the looks will be different in the Grizzlies system but they could use the long-range help.
Mayo is leaving the Grizzlies as a free agent, although his final landing spot has yet to be determined, a number of teams are still negotiating with him.
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 0
- 67RIEFNS: Warriors starters with Draymond Green 0
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 28
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 11
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5