Jul 11, 2012, 11:50 AM EST
Nothing may come of it, but the Bulls seem to be testing the market for Kyle Korver.
A different source said the Bulls were exploring sign-and-trade possibilities that could send Kyle Korver to the Minnesota Timberwolves or Atlanta Hawks, although his return to the Bulls hasn’t been ruled out.
The decision to pick up Korver’s $5 million option for next season doesn’t have to be made until Sunday.
According to the Atlanta Journal Constitution, the Hawks are pretty much out and Korver appears headed to the Timberwolves.
Korver still has value as a guy who can knock down the three, he shot 43.5 percent from distance last year. He also gave them 8.1 points and 22 solid minutes a game in the regular season, although his production dropped off in the playoffs.
You could see a role for Korver on both the Hawks and Timberwolves, but the real question is what the trade price would be. My guess is the Bulls pick up his option and he remains a Bull, but we will see.
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 1
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 15
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 59
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8