Report: Bulls shopping Korver to Hawks, Timberwolves

Jul 11, 2012, 11:50 AM EDT

Miami Heat v Chicago Bulls - Game Two Getty Images

Nothing may come of it, but the Bulls seem to be testing the market for Kyle Korver.

That according to the Chicago Tribune.

A different source said the Bulls were exploring sign-and-trade possibilities that could send Kyle Korver to the Minnesota Timberwolves or Atlanta Hawks, although his return to the Bulls hasn’t been ruled out.

The decision to pick up Korver’s $5 million option for next season doesn’t have to be made until Sunday.

According to the Atlanta Journal Constitution, the Hawks are pretty much out and Korver appears headed to the Timberwolves.

Korver still has value as a guy who can knock down the three, he shot 43.5 percent from distance last year. He also gave them 8.1 points and 22 solid minutes a game in the regular season, although his production dropped off in the playoffs.

You could see a role for Korver on both the Hawks and Timberwolves, but the real question is what the trade price would be. My guess is the Bulls pick up his option and he remains a Bull, but we will see.

1. lmoneyfresh - Jul 11, 2012 at 12:47 PM

I get that the Bulls are trying to save money, but damn, they will have ZERO shooters on that team next year. Especially without Rose in the lineup for at least half of the season.

• 91devinhester23 - Jul 11, 2012 at 12:59 PM

tanking might be in their minds

• lmoneyfresh - Jul 11, 2012 at 1:19 PM

I honestly didn’t think that would be the case, but they are destroying the bench that carried them so far without Rose. I know money is an issue, but it just seems like the bench that was so good is getting slowly chipped away.

2. LilTmac2003 - Jul 11, 2012 at 1:46 PM

I’m really as worried as a lot of people are making it out to be.

I don’t think Bulls will be a bad team just b/c they don’t have CJ Watson anymore. They told Brewer they still might resign him for a cheaper price. We have Jimmy Butler who can take his position either way though.

I really like the Captain Kirk signing. I’d take him over CJ any day of the week. I doubt they’ll trade Korver unless it’s really in their favor. The only slightly tough move was the Rockets offer to Asik. I hope Bulls don’t match, but they should go for another backup big man.

• lmoneyfresh - Jul 11, 2012 at 1:57 PM

When Butler shows some ability on the offensive end, I’ll be less worried. He really didn’t show much of that last year, despite being pretty solid on D. I just worry about the scoring that is being shown the door. If Korver goes (joining CJ and Brewer), that’ll be a combined 25 ppg they are losing on offense. Kirk and Butler aren’t going to average 25 ppg this season and this team is seriously hurting when it comes to offensive weapons and these losses aren’t helping.

3. Justin - Jul 11, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Just what the Wolves need. More shaggy haired white guys!

4. thatstinks - Jul 11, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Is it just me or are the Hawks exploring a trade for the entire NBA . Filthy , Filthy Hawks !!

5. blackandbluedivision - Jul 11, 2012 at 6:20 PM

They’re going to send him to the Magic as part of the deal for Dwight Howard.

Will LeBron get booed Christmas Day in Miami?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches