Jul 11, 2012, 3:40 PM EDT
Yesterday we told you the Sixers continuing to stockpile swingmen like a squirrel hording nuts for the winter, agreeing to trade for Golden State’s Dorell Wright.
In review, then: Sixers getting Dorell Wright; Warriors getting Jarrett Jack and originally GSW-bound Bosnian draftee Bavcic on way to Hornets
I like that for Golden State, Jack likely comes in as the sixth man and brings with him some scoring and energy. That is not a bad team up in the Bay Area (if everyone can stay healthy).
What does that do for the Hornets? They save $5.4 million next season. It means Greivis Vasquez could be the starting point guard. And you can bet Austin Rivers is going to get some run at the one, to see if that will work.
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 0
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 23
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 21
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 11
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (90)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Rangers live another day, edge Bruins in OT
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris