Jul 11, 2012, 3:40 PM EDT
Yesterday we told you the Sixers continuing to stockpile swingmen like a squirrel hording nuts for the winter, agreeing to trade for Golden State’s Dorell Wright.
In review, then: Sixers getting Dorell Wright; Warriors getting Jarrett Jack and originally GSW-bound Bosnian draftee Bavcic on way to Hornets
I like that for Golden State, Jack likely comes in as the sixth man and brings with him some scoring and energy. That is not a bad team up in the Bay Area (if everyone can stay healthy).
What does that do for the Hornets? They save $5.4 million next season. It means Greivis Vasquez could be the starting point guard. And you can bet Austin Rivers is going to get some run at the one, to see if that will work.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37