Jul 11, 2012, 3:40 PM EDT
Yesterday we told you the Sixers continuing to stockpile swingmen like a squirrel hording nuts for the winter, agreeing to trade for Golden State’s Dorell Wright.
In review, then: Sixers getting Dorell Wright; Warriors getting Jarrett Jack and originally GSW-bound Bosnian draftee Bavcic on way to Hornets
I like that for Golden State, Jack likely comes in as the sixth man and brings with him some scoring and energy. That is not a bad team up in the Bay Area (if everyone can stay healthy).
What does that do for the Hornets? They save $5.4 million next season. It means Greivis Vasquez could be the starting point guard. And you can bet Austin Rivers is going to get some run at the one, to see if that will work.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 12
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50